The first task (p29)

During the days leading up to the first task, to my surprise, Harry ended up receiving some help from Moody. He managed to find a way around the rules and if our plan worked he would be able to complete the task with a little less trouble. After knowing Harry already had a plan I tried to follow Remus's advice in trying to calm myself down a little and getting better sleep, so instead of going to the library, like I had done every day for weeks, I would try to hang out with friends. I was hanging out with Luna, Neville, Hermione, and especially Cedric.

I decided it was best if I didn't tell Cedric about Harry's plan but still tried to show him my full support as much as possible and trying to help him whenever I could. I urged him to learn and practice different spells in the library and see if he could find anything that might be of any use.

_____

It was the day of the first task and once more I didn't get much sleep thinking about what could go down the next day. Once it was nearly time for the task Hermione and I decided to make our way to the tent to see if we could see Harry one last time before the challenge. We managed to sneak ourselves at the corner of the tent and we peeked in to see Harry was standing on the other side.

"Psst....Psst," Hermione and I tried to be discrete.

Luckily Harry caught on and came closer.

"How are you feeling? ok?" Hermione asked him and she looked more nervous than Harry.

"You'll do great Harry, I'm sure of it," I told him but the nervousness was also present in my voice.

I peaked in a little more as Hermione spoke to Harry and I caught sight of Cedric who also looked extremely nervous. Harry saw me looking and called Cedric over for me.

"What?" Cedric asked Harry.

"Ced, hi." I whispered from the other side of the tent.

"y/n?" he whispered back and I could hear some sense of relief in his voice. Harry and I continued talking as Cedric and I had our own little chat.

"How are you feeling?" I asked him.

"Scared, and nervous....but ready." he quickly added

"You'll be fine Ced ok? I know you can do this." I told him. It seems neither Hermione nor I could resist so we looked at each other before pulling open the entrance to the tent and throwing ourselves at them. I hugged Cedric so tightly admitting to myself and him how nervous I was feeling too.

The hug didn't last very long before all four of us broke apart after seeing a flash of light.

"Young love...." Rita Skeeter said as she entered the tent from the other side and walked towards us. "How.......Stirring....."

Cedric held my hand and I followed him to stand behind Rita.

"You have no business here! This tent is for Champions! And friends!" Krum stepped forward in an attempt to kick Rita out of the tent. I smiled at his gesture. Rita walked out after but not before taking another picture.

Dumbledore, Karkaroff, Barty Crouch, Filch, and Madam Maxime walked in. "Good day Champions! Gather around please." Dumbledore spoke as we all made a circle, I was still beside Cedric holding his hand. Before Dumbledore continued speaking he noticed Hermione and I knew that was also my cue to leave.

"What are you doing here Miss Granger, ?" He asked puzzled at the sight.

"Sorry, I'll just go.." She said awkwardly shifting away from the circle. I gave Cedrics hand one last squeeze and an encouraging smile before walking away. Trying to avoid getting seen I exited the tent from the opposite side of Hermione. I knew she would have already rushed to the stands so I walked up the nearest tower as well.