Chapter 6: Encounter with the ice prince

Serenity squealed and quickly turned her back, burying her head in Igor's chest. She just locked eyes with The Alessandro Vitali! Her heart thumped loudly against her chest, she prayed he doesn't acknowledge her. What if he lets his sister hit her for looking at him? She shuddered. Stop being dramatic. Of course he won't her sub conscious sounded in her head. She was being ridiculous but violence wasn't something she was used to. Back in her island, nobody uses their hands to hit and resolve conflicts, they talked it out in front of Chief Kaptan and try to bring an understanding.

Igor looked slightly taken aback and looked down at her trembling form, he sighed, stroking her head gently before placing a kiss on top of it '' Its okay Seri. Come lets get you a drink to make you feel better.''

Serenity nodded and stepped back, she looked over her shoulder and let out a sigh of relief when she saw Alessandro had turned back to converse with his sister. She doesn't know him but whatever she had heard in the past 15 minutes was enough to make her feel intimidated by his presence. She looked around and pretty much everyone had gone back to their own convo as if that didn't happen a few minutes ago. She followed Igor to the bar as he ordered a lime juice.

'' Here you go, Seri ''

She smiled and took the glass, taking small sips from the straw. Igor waited till she was done and relatively calmed down.

"Where is Killy? Igor, you said he would be here."

Igor clenched his jaws but forced a smile at the expectant look of her innocent face, he cursed under his breath. Probably f**king a dumb bimbo,

" He is late, you know....too much work at office. But don't worry he'll be here soon. In the mean time, come I will introduce you to some of my friends."

Serenity took a deep breath in, her heart was aching, she don't know why and her sixth sense was telling her that something big will happen. Nevertheless she put on her usual smile and locked her arms with Igor's, asking him to lead the way.