Chapter 41: the wrath of the previous generation

***

***

As soon as Bruno alighted the jet, he set off to meet the possible ally who had forwarded a hand.

It was a short drive from Dublin to a no man territory. The partner had set up reservations in one of the high end restaurant. Once he entered the turnstile, Bruno could sharply noticed that the very ordinary looking people loitering around and mixing with the commoners. There were nineteen of them in total. He met each of their eyes. It was, for sure that the other party would take up heavy precautions. The security was tight.

He ascended the stairs to a private room. The bodyguard at the door frisked him well before allowing him to enter.

The familiarly unfamiliar eyes of the host greeted him.

"What a beautiful day to make your acquaintance, Mr. O'Sullivan."

"Pleasure to meet you, Madame Perdi."

Once they were seated, Madame Perdi went straight to business. Perdi was one of the less affluent crime family who were mostly involved in underground politics. They have their people disguised as benevolent politicians in the Government. The current regime was headed by Briar Perdi, a ruthless woman known for her ambitions. But that was not the thing that drew Bruno's attention, it was the fact that Briar Perdi was the second wife of Don O'Sullivan whom he had divorced long ago.

The deal was simple, Perdi wil help Bruno to overthrow the current Irish mob and the heirs apparent to the throne and in return 7 billion worth of gold reserve in one of the O'Sullivan's territory will be theirs. They will also have their consiglieres placed in the mob which will strengthened the relationship between the two.

"The transaction is fair. Aside from that, may I ask you a question?"

"Sure, go ahead."

Bruno nodded, " I am curious of your reasons to help me. I know that you married my father in the past and if you had stayed in marriage with him. The gold reserve could have been yours without any issues. You must be aware that Conall always assigned a territory to his wives."

Briar smiled subtly, " As you must be aware, marriage is only a transaction in our world...like this deal. When Conall approached me for my hand in marriage although he already had a wife, I agreed on one condition that he would not welcome any other wives after me. My family needed the alliance and I was their bait. He needed an heir and his first wife was barren. We had a good marriage for a couple of years...and then I had a miscarriage...Conall soon brought Ceres in our wedding bed and my self respect won't let me stay."

Bruno was surprised, he never knew this part of the story.
"So athair had an affair with Mama Ceres before their marriage."

"Multiple times...It is a lie that Conall bed his wives only once. It was Ceres who kept him all to herself even after her death, Conall won't touch any other women."