Chapter 3: The Island

"He has summoned you back, Sweetie

"He has summoned you back, Sweetie."

"Serenity! Serenity!" a panting young girl ran through the gourd field yelling at the auburn head who was busy picking out the dried seeds from the enormous yellow gourd cut open.

"Sereni- Ahh!" her clumsy feet got tangled with the creeping veins and she stumbled into the muddy ground.

"Butter!" Serenity gasped. She carefully maneuvered towards her ailing friend

"Oh my God! Are you hurt? I told you to not run in this place." she scolded worriedly

"Ouch, ouch, ouch I think my leg just broke. Oh Gosh! Ouch!"

Serenity helped her up by the arm and carefully seated her in an upraised rock. She got down on her knees to check Butter's ankle. There was only a slight discoloration forming at the base, other than that she confirmed she was all fine.

"You didn't break your leg, don't panic. Its a bruise, I will help you ice it at home."

"Really? I am sure I broke it, it hurts..." Butter whined, shaking her head stubbornly

Serenity rolled her eyes at her dramatic friend. "Anyway why were you in a hurry? Did you get into trouble again?"

"Sadly..." Butter smirked, "No"

Serenity could only raised an eyebrow, clearly didn't believing her. Well, Butter was known for only two things in life

1) she was the only daughter of the Chief Kaptan, a tribal leader who ruled a small community of tribe in the Southern part of the Island

2) TROUBLE

"jEEZ, You don't even believe me? Fine! I may or mayn't have broken my mom's chalice?"

Serenity widened her eyes in horror, " Oh you did not! Butter, Aunt J will kill you! I won't save you this time you know."

Butter waved her off as if it wasn't a serious issue," Leave it, your mom is looking for you. She had asked me to get you. I don't know what happened she seemed to be in a hurry. "