Chapter 7: "Why her!"

Serenity panted as she rushed inside, she stood by the corner and took deep breaths in. Her fingers ran over her hair and she tidied her appearance at the reflection on a bronze plate nearby. Her cheeks were flush and she felt a tinge of discomfort on her neck, it seemed to her that a bruise might be forming pretty soon. Why did he let her go? the uncanny thoughts resonate in her mind but whatever the reason is she was eternally grateful that she is alive. She didn't want to die this early in life, heavens! she haven't even turn 16 yet.

She looked around for Igor or any one of her family members. The night still seemed to be young even though it was over midnight. She was already exhausted with the events and wanted nothing but the comfort of her soft bed and warm duvets.

"Serenity! Serenity! Gosh Where did you disappear off to? Do you know how worried I was?" a frantic looking disheveled Igor rushed to her.

"Igor!" She squealed, running into his arms, Serenity didn't tell him how equally worried and anxious she was. She had enough ball for today and all she wanted was to sleep everything away. The Vitalis had terrified the hell out of her and she didn't wish to be in their presence any longer.

"Where did you go?" Igor whispered hugging her back.

"I-" She paused, shaking her head. She didn't want to trouble him any further "-I went for some fresh a-air. Can I go back home? I am tired." She pouted.

Igor smiled softly, ruffling her hair "Sure, let me have a quick word with Athair. You sit here for a minute. Alright?" Serenity nodded with a little grin.

Igor walked off somewhere, leaving her to deal with her thoughts. Her sluggish droopy eyes watched the couples slow dancing in the dance floor. She admired the ladies, even in their killer heels and tricky outfits, they managed to waltz flawlessly with their partners. She looked down at her silver strapped 3inch heels with a small frown, her ankle had already started to throb and slight discoloration was forming at its base. Her tender skin bruised easily if not taken care of.

Serenity let out a sigh and looked up, only to jump in fright to see the Vitali princess staring at her with a amused smile.

"Sorry, did I startle you?" Alicia chuckled at her blushing face "Gosh! You're so adorable."