Chapter 35: The Birthday Ball

***

***

The first thing Serenity saw when she woke up was a huge gigantic bouquet of pink roses on the bed right next to her. She was surprised and dazzled. She had overslept and woken up late, the last thing she thought before going to sleep was to settle scores with Alessandro for disrupting her movie night but the sweet scented petals in her hands made her bewildered to the point of forgetting herself for a oment.

She found a cute little note on top of it and it read,

Happy Birthday , Love.

It was written in a clean and neat handwriting that almost resembled a font and she instantly knew who it was. She excitedly jumped off the bed.

"Alessandro!" She called out.

But the man in question wasn't there.

Serenity could feel the pint of disappointment in her heart but she brushed it off. He must be busy, atleast he didn't forget to wish her. And once again the full excitement recharged her at the thought of the day being her birthday.

She was finally sixteen.

She quickly cleaned up and ran downstairs with a merry skip on her steps.

The kitchen was particularly in a hustle, someone had invaded the baking spot in the early morning and since it was the respectable guest of the birthday girl, none of the staff dared to say anything.

Butter was preparing a special cake with her own hands for her best friend. She had learned baking the other night...on YouTube but she was very confident that she can pull it off.

Simone who happened to come back after a run was surprised to see that weird island girl running in their grand kitchen.

He signaled a Butler to come to him and asked what was going on.

"Ms. Kaptan wants to bake a cake Signorina O'Sullivan."

Simone made a face.

"Keep an eye on her."