Chapter 39: Nostalgia from years back

***

***

When Serenity woke up, the first thing she saw was his midnight blue eyes, staring at her tenderly with adoration.

"Good morning, love. Did you sleep well?"

She smiled softly and pulled the duvet up to her nose, hiding half of her face.
"Morning, Alessandro. I slept like a baby." Her muffled voice came.

Alessandro sighed, indeed.
After causing him multiple freezing shower and one hell of a sleepless night, she slept like a baby.

"Care to tell me why you're hiding your face?" He quirked an eyebrow

Serenity blushed so red that her cheeks bloomed like it had been stained with beetroot.
"I...I am sorry for last night. I caused a lot of trouble." She winched at the memory.

She acted like a wanton girl she saw on the movie, she had watched with Athena last time.

"You were not in your complete senses. There is nothing to apologize about it." Alessandro continued, "How do you feel right now? Is there anything uncomfortable or painful?" His voice carried a hint of worry.

"No, I am alright but...I feel bloated and nauseous. A cup of ginger tea will do me good."

Alessandro placed a hand over her forehead and then back on his, comparing the temperatures.
"I will send a Butler for your tea. The doctor has prescribed some meds to be taken after breakfast in case there is any side effects."

Serenity made a face.

He flicked her forehead and said sternly, "You are taking them in front of my eyes, Missy. Don't think you can escape."

"But I am fine!" She argued.

"Shsss."

Serenity turned her back on him with a huff but then she turned back again, this time with a little uneasy look.
"What happened to Athena?"