Chapter 13: Forever mine

"Your good heart and innocence will bring your downfall one day

"Your good heart and innocence will bring your downfall one day."

"If that is to be downfall, I will have the fallen angel pick me up and fly me back home

"If that is to be downfall, I will have the fallen angel pick me up and fly me back home. You told me yourself that my puppy eyes can persuade anyone." she grinned at him.

***

The night was unusually starry, It was like millions of tiny bulbs were lighted across the inky dark canvas of the sky. Serenity silently marveled in awe. The windy breeze brush past them and she shivered slightly. The nature seemed to be doing a good job in calming her down or else she would have been sweating bullets from her nerves. It would have been a romantic atmosphere if it wasn't for the guy she was with. Alessandro had let go of her hand once they reached out of the door. And now he was silently trailing behind her as if asking her to lead the way.

She could feel his gaze transfixed on her back. Serenity couldn't stop the heat from rising up her neck and she was thankful of the darkness for shielding her embarrassment.

Unknowingly her feet had carried her to the same place they had met for the first time.

The willow tree

Serenity abruptly stopped when she realized where they were.

Her heart pace picked up dreading the tense atmosphere. Willing herself to turn around, she slowly faced him. Her movements were delicate and petite just like her. She could feel his heated eyes on her every move. Her small hands fidgeted at the hem of her sleeve and she keep shifting her weight from side to side.

"Uhm..Hi" Serenity mentally facepalmed. Seriously? Hi? She must have lost her mind.

She didn't notice his eyes glimmering with amusement as he responded with a 'Hello, love"

" I-I uhm...H-How do you do?" By now, she wanted the ground to open up and swallow her. Talk about embarrassment and she mastered it.

Alessandro seemed to be enjoying her awkwardness, "I am good." he replied.

"Well- you see- I-I just wanted to ask if- if" She paused and bite down on her lips nervously.

"If?" he pressed.