Chapter 30: Redesigning his room

***

***

The kidnappers had forgotten to feed them again two days in a row. The little kids were now malnourished with bones protruding off their tiny bodies and skins shrunken due to lack of fats.

They were pawns in some twisted cult that believed in primitive rites of sorcery and spirit possession.

Whenever the cloaked men came to haul some children for their sick rituals, Honey had volunteered and shielded Athena and Alessandro as much as she could. They were still innocent, unlike her.

She was tainted already and unlike her, they have a life, a family to get back to.

Athena was oblivious about a lot of things, in her mind she had fabricated the torment of real life as a fairy tale where she was to wait for her prince charming to come to save her like the princesses she was told about in kindergarten.

Alessandro, on the other hand, was observant. More than a number of times, he had piece together tiny details and adamantly demanded Honey answer his questions.

Why were they taken?

What was the cult about?

How many members were there?

And...what did they do to her every time they took her?

Honey honestly quenched his curiosity except for the last question. She couldn't bring herself to talk about it.

The secret organization of the virgin blood worshippers was a cult founded in the mid 20th century by a narcissist with a God complex, Bourn Perdi, who was often regarded as Mother Perdi by her worshippers. They manifested in the idea of the worship of virgin blood of young, untouched children. Abducting and rendering innocent young kids to their malevolent ill-treatments. Hundreds of children were killed brutally after they were of no use. They glorified pedophilia and sexual abuse.