Chapter 1: Bruno and Ice creams

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has been a week since Killian told Serenity that she will be going with him. To say that she was happy would be an understatement. She was ecstatic to get away from the Crystal mansion. She didn't like being there. Whenever Killian was away, her mothers used to scold her for every little things, Irina and Camilla takes away her toys and throw them off her balcony. Athair never look at her. Serenity could only hold back her tears and bear it.

Mama Victoria had blamed her that she killed her own mother. Even if she was young, a barely 5 year old kid. Serenity was smart enough to understand their animosity.

Her mother was a very beautiful lady. Killain had showed her the pictures. Her mother had blazing auburn hair and amethyst eyes just like hers. Killian had told her that she got everything from her mother except for the creamy white complexion she inherited from her father. It was a sad thing that Serenity never got to know such a beautiful lady.

Serenity, sometimes wondered how she had killed her mother, like Mama Victoria had said.
When she asked Killian once, he shouted at her for talking about absurd things and for even thinking about it.

She had cried herself to sleep that night.

The next day, in the morning. Killian showered her with gifts and her favourite chocolates, apologising profusely and explaining her the details of life and death and whatever happened wasn't her fault.

The idea of losing someone she loved one day scared her to the core. But she didn't tell Killian about that, she didn't want him to think of her as a demented kid.

Athair seemed quite agitated lately and the same case was with Killian too, Serenity figured there must be a cold war sprouting between the two of them. Killian had fired a lot of Codes to some soldiers. Serenity knew that the codes were not a good thing but she never knew the brutality it could take. Killian had always kept her away from the real face of the O'Sullivans.

Serenity tossed and curled on her bed, she yanked the duvet up and then kicked it off then again yanked it up.

Her small hands softly pressed again her chest, right where Uncle Orlando had pointed out where her heart is. The slight contraction thud-thud she felt at the tip of her fingers were picking up its pace. She was restless, she couldn't sleep.

She tried counting the stars visible from the large open window of her balcony.

17, 18, 19, 20,21....

It was a trick Igor had taught her awhile ago but it didn't work.

Serenity pouted before climbing down her bed. She needed to find Killian, only he can fix it. Killian had that little white magic pills that makes her feel good and sleepy.

Her sock clad feet paddled across the room as she sneaked out carefully.

Killian's room was in the southern wing along with her other brothers- Bruno, Boris and Igor. It was what they like to call the 'man's haven' even though Serenity highly doubted they were 'man'