Chapter 37: The Birthday Ball -III

....

***

***

"May I have this dance, my love?" Alessandro bowed like a gentleman and forwarded his hand.

Serenity smiled shyly before placing hers on it.

He brought her to the center and flicked his fingers loudly. Soon, the main lighting dimmed down and music began to flow from the speakers.

Alessandro wrapped an arm around her tiny waist and pulled her closer, the other hand entangled with hers in the air. He didn't lose his composer at first as he reminded himself of all the steps Athena taught him but the moment he looked into her adorable amethyst eyes, all he could conjure in his mind were her and her alone.

This gorgeous girl was his girlfriend now, it might be a mere title to anyone but to him, it bounded her to be his for eternity.

They swayed to the music, lost in each other's eyes. Every tensions, worries, problems long forgotten. The tranquility and serene atmosphere enveloping them with love.

Alessandro spun her around and she came back to him like she was meant to everytime. There was no need to constantly assure their coordination. It worked perfectly as though they were compatible from the past life time.

"I saw you that day with Athena dancing like this..." she started.

Alessandro nodded, "I asked her to teach me."

Serenity was surprised, "She was just teaching you?" She asked in disbelief.

He nodded once again, his pupils exhibiting a little mirth, " I have said this before, Athena is my close confidante and she remains there. You, my love, are my other half, the ruler of my heart. Nobody can take your place for the rest of my life."

The arm around her waist tightened as he leaned her down for a slow dip. Heat bloomed from her neck to her cheeks. His midnight blue eyes caught it all.

"I really like you, Alessandro." She confessed quietly.

He softened, pulling her to his warmth and securing her there.