Chapter 8: Broken promises

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Serenity"

Pin drop silence followed the room, everyone knew it was something almost impossible, even the wives had shocked expressions. Don O'Sullivan didn't say anything either. The ice was broken when Igor let out an angry growl

"The fuck are you talking about Camilla! Are you high? You are lying!" he bellowed.

Camilla rolled her eyes " Oh please Igor, its 7 in the morning. And no I am not lying, I saw it with my own eyes."

"You must be fucking drunk then. Do you even fucking realize who you are blaming? Serenity would never do something as low as throwing herself on a man. "

"Why? Why can't she be blamed? Who is she? The Queen of England?"

"Camilla! Take back your words before I do something we both will regret!" Igor gritted.

"Don't forget I am older than you, little boy! You do not talk to me in that tone!" Camilla sneered back.

As Igor was about to give another retort, the Don cursed out enraged by their bickering.

"SILENCE!"

Igor and Camilla immediately ceased and bow back.

Serenity stood rooted from fear and hurt, she never thought Camilla would betray her like this. Now slowly it was making sense in her head, it was Camilla who had informed her that Killian had gone outside and that he had wore those silvery coat and diamond watch when in reality, Killian never attended the ball. It was meant to be a trap for her and she being an naïve lamb fall into it. Fear coursed over her being, as selfish as it sounds she didn't want to meet Irina's fate. It was her first time seeing her Athair disciplining someone with corporal punishment himself.

During her childhood all she witness was him firing codes and the guards dragging the person away behind the close door of the basement. She never knew what happened after that. Killian told her they made them do some hard work and she had believe him. After her banishment to the Island, everyone were so caring and supportive that she had completely forgotten about the code things and punishment. Now the codes had instilled a new fear on her, and if Athair was this merciless with his own blood then she dared not think what those people must have faced. Tears burned her eyes but she held them in. She didn't know how she was to defend herself and in that moment she prayed to whoever was sitting above to save her from, her Athair's wrath.