Chapter 34: Bad boy?

***

"Oliver, Assist the young miss to the guest room on the 2nd floor. Make sure to take care of our special guest."

Alessandro informed a young butler who immediately bowed and took Butter's extra luggage to the guest room.

Serenity and Butter squealed together as they entered the luxurious mansion.

"You must be so tired, freshen up and take some rest. I will bring us some light snacks and then we can talk."

"Sure. My mother sent you some gifts as well."

"Really? How is Aunt J and papa?"

"The usual, oh my God! It's so hard to live without you, Seri. Do you know I got grounded almost every week. You were my shield and protector. I am even planning to steal you from here."

"You can steal me anytime , Butter." Serenity giggled.

But the man walking behind them stiffened.

The red head quickly escaped for the kitchen once Butter went to take a shower. She asked the kitchen staff for some light snacks and two glass of lemonade. Taking the tray of food in her hands, she rushed back to the room.

Alessandro who was watching her all the time suddenly felt ignored. He sighed, shaking his head and went back to his study grumbling under his breath.

"This is the dried roasted pumpkin seeds, this one is pickled jalapeño. Mom also packed you some fig jam. You loved these, didn't you?" Butter laid out the jars  she had brought from the Island.

"Oh I missed having these. Aunt J is so thoughtful. Thank you so much." Serenity grabbed the jar of pumpkin seeds and hug it it her chest like it was a small baby.

"Three weeks ago, the eastern fishermen caught a huge net of crayfish from the lake. We had a community feast and everyone talked about you and how much you loved it."