Chapter 32: Jealousy, Jealousy

***

***

It was almost time for dinner when the girls came back after a long day out.

Serenity tensed up immediately as they crossed the threshold while Athena walked in, unbothered.

The head butler was quick to assist them to the dining chamber.

The red head who has been accustomed to having her meals in the room hesitated on what to do. But in the end the butler kindly informed her that it was Alessandro's order to bring her at the table for tonight.

"Urgh! He won't eat you. Stop being so scared." Athena rolled her eyes as she looked over her shoulder.

Serenity quickly scurried after her, hoping to seek shelter behind her back.

She craned her neck as her eyes wondered adamantly to see if he was there. She breathe out a sigh of relief when the head chair appeared to be empty.

Simone and Antonio greeted them with a nod of their head and went back to discussing something.

A pang of guilt hit her as she saw the bruise on Simone's left face. It must have been from Alessandro's powerful punch earlier. Simone always seemed to get hit when she was around. She has to apologize to him sooner.

Suddenly, the room sensed a tense presence of a particular someone. Serenity could feel the goosebumps littering her exposed skin. Even Simone and Antonio stopped chattering and cleared their throats simultaneously. Athena strayed her eyes away from her phone for a second and returned back to it after a sigh.

The aura darkened the atmosphere as his shoes clicked against the pristine floor when he approached his chair.

Serenity clenched her fist under the table, her heart was hammering loudly and her spine straightened up.

Alessandro didn't look at her when he sat down on the head chair. She bit her lips when she realised she had unconsiously picked the chair nearest left to the head chair.