Chapter 44

"Sir, we've been able to activate the cameras on the backside of the building again."

Anderson gave the slightly nervous guard a bored look, eyes almost closed as he took a deep breath to calm himself. The camera screens in front of him were still black, except for three, which had just been activated with a small clicking sound.

"Yes, I can see that you idiot." He growled, making the guard quickly turn back to the screens again. The sound of quick fingers working over the buttons filled the room and Anderson put his head in his hands, completely ignoring the look he got from the two black-dressed men in the corner of the room.

Ryan studied him carefully with sharp eyes, feeling how the eyes of his friend dug into the side of his head. Jeremy had been staring at him from time to time, almost like he expected him to do knock out every single guard in the room and take command over his men again. Which was impossible. Ryan had no control over this situation and trying to take command again was an idiotic idea.

That's probably what Jeremy wanted him to do. The asian himself wanted to take over the camera system. He could easily activate the rest of the cameras with just a few easy codes. If it really just was a bug in the system, Jeremy was the one who could fix the problem in a second.

But the raven-haired didn't want him to. He refused to give Anderson another opportunity to blame his friend even if he failed his task. They were both on thin ice from the beginning of this mission, but none of them had cared then. None of them thought that this simple mission would turn into a freaking mess. They were supposed to kidnap a kid, get their money back, and release him. Easy peasy right?

Well, you know how that turned out.

"You know what happened to the kid?" Jerry suddenly asked lowly, careful so the rest of the guards wouldn't hear him.

Ryan gave him a quick look before returning to his thoughts again. "No, stop talking."

"Says who? You're not my boss any more."

"Well, your new boss will kill you if you don't shut your mouth." Ryan hissed through his teeth, his emerald eyes looking at the smaller man next to him.

Jeremy snorted. "I'm just saying that if you don't let me get to those computers, we won't know if anyone enters the building." He whispered, making his point clear as he rested his back against the wall. "I am pretty sure that we'll get more visitors than a couple of kids today."

Ryan wrinkled his forehead. "Kids?" He asked.

Jeremy rolled his eyes. "Please can you get your ears out of your ass? That's the only thing these guys have been talking about." The asian said and Jackson gave him a look at the insult. "Apparently, they've spotted two kids on the fourth floor, a boy and a girl." He explained.

"What age?" Ryan asked, making his friend shrug his shoulders.

"Probably the same age as Stark"

Ryan raised an eyebrow at him. "So like, his friends?"

"Probably," Jerry responded before nodding towards a guy next to the door. "See that guy, he on other hand saw three boys on the first floor."

"You sure he's not high?"

"Positive."

"You sure?"

"Now how the hell-"

"Can you two shut up!" Anderson suddenly yelled, making both of them jump out of their skins as their eyes widened. The older man growled irritated, turning to Ryan with burning eyes. "Jackson," he said, making the emerald-eyed man look up as quickly as he could.