Chapter 20

This chapter is very messy and I was really tired while writing it, so correct me if there's any misspelling or shit like that...

Steve hadn't spoken to Tony for a week.

A whole week where he had avoided looking at him, afraid that he would do anything similar to what he did a week ago. Afraid that if he even as much as met his eyes, he would fall again.

He didn't know why he did what he did.

Okay yes he did.

It was because he liked him. He liked Stark...a lot, but he couldn't bear with the fact that he wasn't sure. He had no idea what he was feeling.
Was it like in a friendly way or in the other way? He had no idea. .

It was already Friday and he couldn't live with himself anymore. He shouldn't have kissed him that day, because now he couldn't stop thinking about him. Where ever he went, it was like the younger guy followed him. Like a ghost.

Steve couldn't concentrate in class anymore, and it only got worse when the two of them had the same subject or had to work on the decorations for the school party. It had been really awkward at that time and Tony had been awfully quiet while sitting behind his desk, sketching and calculating something that had to do with the suit of his.

The blond could literally feel the intense glare he got from behind him in class, how it burned into his spine and made him want to turn around. To finally look at Tony again, but he was too ashamed.

He just couldn't.

"Steve are you okay?" Sam woke him up from his endless thinking struggle with a little push in his side. Not wanting to talk so loud when the teacher clearly tried to do his job with teaching.

"Yea you've been quiet the whole day." Bucky pointed out, not taking his eyes off his book as he made it look like he was reading.

"The whole week to be exact." Sam filled in.

Steve sighed and shook his head slowly, trying to concentrate his thoughts on the class instead. "It's nothing, I'm just tired." He explained lazily.

"Of life?" Bucky mumbled between his teeth which made Sam snort into his fist. Getting an irritated look from the teacher.

"Don't worry. I'm fine." Steve responded just as the bell rang from the corridors.

He tried to look down in his book, acting as casual as possible when he knew that Tony and Bruce were walking past him on their way out. He didn't know if Tony even bothered looking at him.

Did he even care about the little...thing...they shared at the beach? He hadn't texted nor spoken to Steve at all.

Okay maybe it was Steve's role to text Tony. Or call. Or at least explain himself.

But what if Tony didn't care? What if he didn't want to talk about it. But he had kissed back?

Bucky, who noticed every single time his friend became stiff and awkward in Tony's presence wrinkled his forehead.

"Is there something going on with you and Stark?" He asked and threw his bag over his shoulder, leaning over Steve's table.

"What? No? Why? What makes you think that? " Steve mumbled quickly, not realizing how suspicious he sounded as his mouth seemed to have a mind of its own.

Literally.

Sam grinned before leaning down behind him, teasingly whispering in his ear. "Are you sure about that?"

Steve jumped up from his chair as Bucky and Sam laughed at him teasingly. Obviously not expecting Steve to react as he did.

"Piss off." Steve snapped.