Chapter 10

"Why do you look so happy?" Clint asked suspiciously as Bruce's bedroom door opened and a very happy Tony came inside. He threw his bag on the floor and flopped down on the comfortable bed next to Bruce, who sat with his back against the wall and his computer in his lap.

Tony closed his eyes and rested his hands on his stomach. "I'm never happy. I don't know what you are talking about." He answered nonchalantly, which Bruce raised an eyebrow at.

"So..I assume that your apology went well?" Bruce said with a smirk as he looked down at his screen, tapping his fingers on the keyboard.

Tony shrugged. "Yeah...kind of..I don't know." He mumbled unclearly and Rhodey gave him a confused look.

"What do you mean kind of?" He asked.

Tony licked his lip thoughtfully. "He...kind of asked if we could be friends." He said and Clint nodded before clapping his hands slowly together.

"Making progress, well done Anthony." He mocked and Tony threw a pillow at him lazily.

But Bruce knew there was something on Tony's mind. "Did you agree?" He asked.

Tony answered with a slow nod before his eyes turned regretful, the black pupil turning smaller and his mouth turned into a line.

"I shouldn't have done it."

Rhodey looked at him with raised eyebrows just as Clint and Bruce did. All of them were not really surprised by Tony's change of mind, but still confused.

"Why not?" Rhodey asked.

"Because.....I...I don't trust him."

All of his friends stared at him with looks that said "are you kidding me" and Tony shot his hands up in defense. "I mean yes he's cool and all but...what if he...you know."

"No we don't know. Did he do something to you that changed your mind or what?" Rhodey asked and threw his hands out.

"Well....yea kind of?" Tony replied as he sat up.

"What did he do? Did he try to...you know?" Clint asked worryingly and pointed down between his legs. Tony looked at him, not understanding before it hit him and he let out a nervous laugh.

"No! Nononono nothing like that." He assured them and all three took a relieved breath. "But if he tried to I would definitely go for it." He smirked before standing up. "There is just this...thing about him." He explained and started walking back and forth in front of his friends who followed him with their eyes.

"He just....he is so weird to talk to. It's like he has some kind of trick." He said and Bruce put his head a little on the side with a smug look on his face as Tony stopped in front of the window.

"What do you mean?" He asked and Tony shook his head.

"He just...makes me talk."

"And?" Clint asked as Tony fingered on a pen and picked it up, pretending to inspect it carefully.

"I told him about my lab." He said and Rhodey dropped his pen in shock.

"But...you've never told anyone else about it than us. Not even Nat knows about your lab." He said while stuttering a little, and suddenly all of Tony's attention was on the pen like it was the most interesting thing in the whole world.

Bruce sighed and put his head in his hand tiredly. "It's not some trick he does Tony." He said with a tired voice. Obviously seeing what is going on in this situation.

Tony looked at him. "It's not?" He asked and Rhodes rolled his eyes.

"Sometimes you're dumber than Clint..." he sighed with a breathy laugh.