Chapter 27

Tony's eyes widened and his breath got stuck in his throat. It felt like his heart had stopped beating for a few seconds, almost like it was waiting for Tony to respond. But what do you respond to something like that? What do you respond to a handsome guy who just confirmed that he wanted to kiss you?

A guy who Tony couldn't take his mind off and the person who made his whole body throb. Not in need. Okay maybe in need. But in something else too.

Like both sexual and...another feeling he couldn't quite put his finger on. It started in the middle of his chest. Like a pulse of electricity that moved up to his fingertips and made butterflies go wild in his stomach.

Was this normal? This never happened to him before.

"I-I...what?" Tony stuttered. God who was he? Where was that flirty playboy when he needed him. This was not him at all.

Steve was quiet for a while. Almost like he was enjoying Tony's stuttering before he couldn't hold himself. He laughed.

Tony rolled his eyes irritated when he realized what Steve had done there. "You know you're playing with fire." He warned.

"I know, sorry I just had to shock you. I've never heard you so quiet before." Steve chuckled.

Tony groaned before throwing his hand over his forehead, not feeling so cold anymore. There was something about Steve that made him smile and a warm feeling spread in his tummy.

"But.." Tony said, catching Steve's attention again. "Believe it or not...but I wouldn't mind a kiss."

Now it was Steve's turn to be quiet. The silence filling the air made Tony smirk to himself. He loved doing this, the blond was probably going to wriggle his way out of this conversation.

"Then where do you want it?"

Holy mother of fucking fuck tarts!

Tony did not expect that response at all. Okay let's play this cool. Wait, why was he nervous? And why did he feel thousands of butterflies dancing hoopla hala in his tummy?

"Where ever you need it." He heard himself respond smugly, hearing how Steve's breathing got heavier.

"Is it weird that I actually want a kiss?" Steve mumbled, making Tony's heart melt. Oh god how could someone be so precious?

"It's not weird." Tony assured him. "It's gay."

Steve snorted. "Yeah...you're probably right." He said with a small smile. His sketch totally forgotten as he placed it on the side of his bed. Holding the phone a little more comfortable against his ear. "How are you so good at this?"

"I've been where you are. Only I wasn't as oblivious as you are." Tony asked with a warm smile. Knowing that his normal cocky voice was turning very calm and nice. Making Steve feel the heat in his chest.

The blond inhaled quietly "Are you doing anything important tomorrow?" He asked hesitantly. "I mean...if you want to we can..you know meet up and- I don't know...talk?"

"Why not meet up right now?"

Steve stopped himself as he was going to say something. "What? R-right now?"

"Why not? It's only like...9PM. Plus it's almost dark. Oh- wait! I have a place I want to show you." The genius said with an exciting voice.

Steve raised his eyebrow. "Where?"

"It's a surprise. But I'm expecting you as my driver."