Chapter 21

"Steve I need your help! Open up the fricking door!"

Steve shot up from his sweaty bed like the flash had hit him. His unplanned nap interrupted as he raised his eyebrows in confusion while the banging at his bedroom door kept going.

"Steve Rogers how dare you ignore me?!"

Nat?

Steve rubbed his face with his hands. "What are you doing here Nat?" He groaned.

"I need your help. Open up the door." She answered.

"With what?" He asked uninterested before throwing himself down in the warm sheets again.

"I'll tell you if you open up."

"How did you even get in?"

"Your mom let me in. Now open!"

Steve sighed loudly, knowing that Nat heard him as he pushed himself up from the bed and with tired steps walked over to his door, opening it a little hesitant.

Outside stood Natasha, arms crossed over her chest and a bored facial expression. Her shoulder-long hair hanging straight and her eyebrows in a confused frown.

She eyed the blond's muscular form up and down before meeting his tired eyes. "You look like shit."

"Thanks." He answered sarcastically before turning around, returning to his bed again.

Nat watched him confused before looking around the room a bit, taking in her surrounding before stepping inside.
"Bad day?" She asked.

"You have no idea."

Natasha nodded slowly. "Sam told me what happened." She said after a while. "Heard it was a hell of a scene."

Steve didn't answer, he just covered his eyes with his hand, still trying to wake up from his little nap.

"Have you talked to Bucky?" She asked after a while.

"No." He responded quietly before removing his hand, placing it behind his head instead. "Have you?"

"Yes."

Steve nodded again.

"And that's actually why I'm here." She explained, making her way farther into the room and sat down in Steve's desk chair. "Bucky refuses to come to the party and help me with the decorations. So I need you to do that instead."

Steve wrinkled his forehead. "Party?" He asked without sitting up.

Natasha looked at him like he was stupid. "Uh...yeah? The party for Stark. Remember?"

Steve's gaze got stuck in the corner of his room, his mind working like crazy as the memory came back to him.

He had totally forgotten Tony's birthday!

"Shit.." he groaned and threw his hand over his eyes again. "This day can't possibly get any worse." He whined, wishing that the sheets would just suck him in and make him disappear.

"What exactly happened today?" Nat asked as she looked through Steve's stuff uninterested. "According to Bucky, you guys made up." She said.

"It's not Bucky." Steve explained tiredly.

Nat looked at him, now very curious about what her friend had on his mind. "Then what is it?" She asked.

Steve groaned.

"C'mon." She murmured encouragingly. "You can tell me anything."

"I've known you for what, two weeks?" Steve pointed out.