Chapter 31

11:45 PM, Saturday. Somewhere outside Malibu..

The darkness of the night and the black shadows were deep enough to cover the mysterious gestalt, who was walking down the streets and disappearing into the woods. The trees surrounding it like a thick wall and the slightly wet grass under its feet made small wet noises when it walked.

The person was wearing a black coat that covered his body down to his knees, and a black hat with his fully black hair escaping over his forehead. His eyes were hooded and dark as they sneakily scanned the area around him. He formed his puffy lips into a thin line when he knew that he was closing in on his goal.

He carefully approached the cottaged that was built a few meters downhill, trying not to slip in the high grass, while taking a quick peek behind his shoulder. After a few minutes, he could spot the little house behind the trees. It was completely dark as the curtains were closed and secured the house from curious eyes. He could hear the low voices from inside as he walked up the stairs and knocked on the door. After a while, he heard a voice from behind the door.

"Who is it?" The raspy voice asked.

"It's me. Open." He demanded with a warning tone, the person on the other side immediately opening the locks and pulling the door open.

The person inside gave him a confused look. He was a young man, not older than 23, with asian features and black hair that laid in a ruffled mess on his head.

"Sir, I was afraid you wouldn't come." The man said while moving to the side, letting the gestalt into the hall.

"Of course I'm here." He spat, pulling off his coat and throwing it on a chair. He was dressed in a white button-up shirt and black jeans, his green eyes traveling over the hall while he stroked back his hair into a wave that disappeared at the top of his head. "I would like to know why you called me here. I have other things to do."

"I wasn't the one who called you here." The asian said. " There's someone else that would like to meet you." He finished as he leaned against the wall and took in the older guy's appearance.

The man looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Is that so?" He asked nonchalantly. They smiled at each other, both of them happy to see each other. Even though it's only been a few days.

The asian smirked at him before casually walking into the living room, knowing that the man would follow him.

When they came into the room, the older man's confident face faded and he looked at the persons who were sitting on the couch. A man at the age of 40 and a younger woman, who had her black hair up in a bun and a huge scar covering her left cheek. Probably a burn mark.

"Told you." The asian said before walking over to a dark corner and sitting down.

The two persons who were sitting on the couch had been in a conversation before the man walked in, now meeting their eyes with a nervous look on his face. The dark-skinned woman seemed like ignoring him as the older man eyed him up and down.

"Ryan Jackson. How nice of you to show up." The old man said with a strict voice. "It only took you about-" he looked down at his wristwatch. "-one hour and forty-five minutes longer than usual."

"Mr. Anderson. I-I did try to arrive in time, b-but I-" Jackson stuttered, cursing himself for being such a pussy. Anderson waved his hand lazily in the air, interrupting the younger man's explanation. He stood up from the couch, his brown eyes eyeing the taller guy like a hawk while slowly approaching him with casual steps. Making Ryan gulp as he dried his sweaty hands on his pants so the man wouldn't see it.

When Anderson stopped in front of him he smacked his lips together, once again traveling his eyes up and down the taller guy's body. "Where's my money Jackson?" He asked with a calm voice.