Chapter 49

The warmth of Tony's arms around him felt like a dream. They were lightly resting on his body while the other's raven-haired covered head was buried into his shoulder, breathing slowly and rapidly. The music around them sucked them in as they held on to each other and slowly moved to the melody.

People had gotten used to them and didn't whisper or point as much as before. They were after all not the only gay couple in the room. Yes, they might have been enemies the last time people saw them together, but now, they weren't.

Now, they were dancing in each other's arms, breathing in the presence of each other and holding on tightly. Steve could hear how Tony sang lowly into his shoulder, almost too low for Steve to hear. The blonde smiled at him before tracing his eyes over the dancefloor and ran his fingers through Tony's hair.

Natasha and Bucky were dancing slowly with each other, talking and chuckling while Sam was dancing with some random girl. Clint and Pietro had shown up pretty quickly, both shocked and surprised when they saw Tony, hand in hand with Steve at the snack table.

"How was the sex?" Tony had asked when the two of them walked up to him.

Clint snorted. "You ass, I didn't think you would come back here." He said before hugging his shorter friend.

"Couldn't stay away," Tony responded with a shrug.

"Of course you couldn't." Clint responded with a scoff before pulling away. Suddenly his face turned serious. "We didn't have sex by the way." He filled in, making Pietro roll his eyes.

"Then where were you?"

"Toilet."

Tony raised an eyebrow at him before scoffing. "Sure,"

Steve smiled to himself at the memory. He pulled his boyfriend closer to himself, not wanting to let go as he buried his nose into the dark curls of Tony's head. He felt how the other relaxed against him and how he let out a comfortable sound.

"What are you thinking of?" The genius asked softly, stroking his hand over Steve's back.

Steve closed his eyes and smiled. "Just how happy I am right now."

"Cheesy,"

"How is everything I'm saying cheesy?" Steve asked with a laugh.

"Because you're a cheesy motherfucker."

"I'm just trying to be sweet." Steve chuckled.

Tony smiled. "You don't need to try."

"Look who's now the cheesy one."

"I'm just being honest!" Tony exclaimed with a casual voice.

Steve rolled his eyes and rested his cheek against Tony's head. They danced in silence again while listening to the melody coming from the band. The singer who was swinging to the rhythm had a beautiful voice where she stood in all her glory.

Steve had seen her before in the corridors. She was one of the most popular girls in school and had been socializing with Beckman's friends for a long time. She wasn't such an ass as the rest of them, but she was a huge diva.

Steve raised an eyebrow when his
attention moved to a specific group right next to the spot where Tony and Steve were dancing. "You got to be kidding me," he mumbled when he saw how Beckman's gang was throwing them dirty looks.

"What?" Tony asked, removing his head from the place on Steve's shoulder, only rolled his eyes when he saw the group. "Ignore them," he said, but Steve wasn't removing his eyes.