Chapter 52

"I'll think about it? Really?" Rhodes said with a dry voice, not separating his eyes from the tv as he stuffed his mouth with some popcorn.

"I will think about it." Tony responded, his eyes also glued to the screen where he sat with his back resting against the cough. Rhodes looked at him, even though the only thing he could spot was a black mess of hair.

"Why didn't you say yes instead?" He asked, but received no response, which made him roll his eyes. "Not that I like Rogers, but I think you should go with him."

Tony snorted.

"What? Don't you want to?" Rhodey asked dryly.

"Of course I want to." Tony answered with an obvious voice. His friend looked at him with a wrinkled forehead.

"So what's stopping you?"

Tony made an amused sound before he turned his head, looking up at the other guy who was seated on the couch with the popcorn bowl in his lap. "How are you so interested in this?" Tony asked while Rhodes stuffed his mouth full of popcorn again.

"I'm not," he said while chewing. "I just want your miserable ass to be happy for once."

"I am happy." Tony said with a stone-cold face.

"That's what a sad person would say."

"Seriously, I am." Tony insisted, but Rhodes only raised an eyebrow at him as the sound of him chewing filled the room again. "At least I have someone who wants to move in with me." Tony said dryly, but Rhodes only laughed at him.

"Ouch, but none taken."

"I didn't say no offense."

"Anyways," Rhodey waved off Tony's comment by placing his feet on the coffee table and turned his attention to the tv again. "You have two options buddy, you can move in with Rogers and live a happy life-" Tony sighed irritated as his friend kept talking. "Or you can move alone and be sad."

"Why would I be sad?"

Rhodey shrugged his shoulders, causing Tony to give him a judging look before making an annoyed grimace.

"Have you told him about Mr. Jackson?" Rhodes asked casually.

"No." Tony responded just as casually.

"Are you going to?"

"Probably."

Rhodes gave him a look. "When?"

"I don't know. Who cares?"

"Steve," Rhodey responded with a dry voice and Tony turned slightly quiet as he took a sip from his coca-cola can. His friend watched him carefully as he put the can back on the floor and return to watching the tv again.

"When are you gonna tell him?" Rhode pushed with furrowed eyebrows.

Tony smacked his lips a little before casually saying: "what he doesn't know can't hurt him."

Rhodes looked at him impressed. "Are you serious?"

Tony didn't answer.

"You're not gonna tell him? Did you change your mind?"

Still no answer, which made the older guy put his head in his hand while laughing quietly. "Wow, dick move Stark."

"It's not if we move. Then I basically don't need to tell him at all when I'm away from Ryan." Stark explained, his voice almost too calm for his own good.

"So you're going to move with him?" Rhodes asked. "I knew it!"

"I never said I was moving with him, I said when we move. That never included him and me together."