Chapter 16

A slight breeze of the fresh air blew through the trees as the morning sun shot its warm beams towards the ground. Heating up what's left of the slightly cold night. The birds were singing in the beautiful trees, announcing the people to wake up and start their day with their beautiful song.

Bam!  "Ouch.."

Well Tony Stark didn't like to be wakened. At least not by his stupid alarm clock, which now was pretty damaged by all the hitting morning after morning.
Tony's fist didn't appreciate it either.

He groaned irritated while his young face was still buried into his soft pillows, hand still resting on the clock while his body tried to disappear into the mattress.

"Fuck my life.." Tony groaned into the white sheets before rolling out of bed with an unpleasant moan.

He didn't care about the warming sun that was shining through the curtains. He didn't care about the bright blue sky or the singing birds. He just wanted this day to be over so that he could go down to his lab.

Or his father's lab. That Tony used when he wasn't home. Because he's never allowed to go in there. Cause he usually ends up getting hurt by doing stupid things as exploding something up. But c'mon. It's fun to set things on fire.

That's why he loved the new year so much. Just blowing things in the air with his friends and enjoy the midnight as it was. Well except for last year when Clint almost blew up his father's car and they had to run somewhere else so no one would notice that it was their doing.

It ended with him, Rhodes, Clint, Bruce, Pepper, Natasha, and her friend Wanda sitting at Mac Donald's and laughing at absolutely nonsense at 5AM. But it was still fun.

Tony smiled to himself while he was watching a youtube video while eating a bowl of cereal. He still had a few hours left before school, he had turned his alarm to wake him one hour earlier for some reason so better do something with the spear time.

He pulled out his phone and read through a few messages he had got the night before from their group chat. Only to realize that Natasha had invited Steve into the chat. How could Tony not have noticed this last night?

Wait. Last night.

Shit.

He remembers now why he woke up so early. Steve was coming over before school! How could he forget about that?!

Not that it mattered. It wasn't like he was waiting for Steve to come over. Of course, he wasn't waiting. It's not like he wants to see the other guy. Or did he?
It didn't matter anyway so without thinking much more about it, he made his way back up to his room to wait for Steve to arrive.

To be honest, Tony was very pleased with himself and last night's progress. He had tried to go to sleep, but an idea had suddenly out of nowhere popped into his head and he had to try it out.

It ended with him sitting in his room with the small desk lamp as light while working on the suit he had been making.

Okay, the suit wasn't the only reason he had been sitting from 11PM to 3AM in the darkness while building a special support for (believe it or not) a leg. He'd felt a strange feeling in his stomach that forced him to stay awake and finish
it.

Even though he hadn't been tired at all, he had to admit that he felt like dying right now. His eyes just wanted to close again and again, and as he got up to his room, his body fell back down on his bed.

He snuggled his face into his soft pillow and made a comfortable groan back in his throat. He must have drifted off because as he opened his eyes again and removed his face from the sheets, the time had already moved a half-hour forward.