Chapter 19

With every step he took, he felt more and more how nervous he was. His hands were sweaty and his heart pounded in his chest so fast he thought it was going to pop out. The mall was pretty empty and would probably close in like an hour, so they had plenty of time to do whatever they were going to do.

God this was wrong. Steve had never stolen anything before. He had never done anything illegal, except that time he accidentally had driven a little over the speed limit the first week with a driving license. But that was something else. This was stealing. This was seriously illegal and he would probably get in big trouble for this.

"Jeez chill Rogers. It's not like we're gonna rob a bank." Tony said when he noticed how hesitant and nervous the blond next to him seemed.

"We can still get in trouble." Steve answered while walking through the entrance to the mall.

"And? What's the worst thing that can happen?" Tony asked while casually nodding hi to a lady that walked by. He probably knew her from before.

Steve shrugged. "I don't know I'm just..." He tried to play it as cool as possible, but it was pretty hard while walking through the shopping center, knowing that one of these shops were going to be the place for him to steal.

"Hey." Tony said before pushing Steve in the side a little, making the blond look down at him with a frown. "It'll be fine. You're with me remember." Tony smirked, his brown eyes traveling over Steve's handsome face, carefully so the blond wouldn't notice.

"That's why I'm worried." Steve responded, not being able to resist the urge to tease the younger guy.

"Hey! You were the one who wanted me here." Tony defended with a small smile.

"Well...I wouldn't say I wanted you here." Steve said and looked up at the roof with innocent eyes.

Tony opened his mouth to respond to something sneaky, but he closed it instead, focusing on which shop they should choose. It ended with him stopping in front of a huge dollar store.

"Imma head in here." He simply said.

"Why?" Steve asked stupidly.

"Um...cause it's a big fucking store and a smaller chance of getting caught." He said with an obvious voice. "God you're new to this." He then said with a roll of his eyes.

"Trust me this is the first and last time I'll do anything like this." He said while following the shorter guy into the store with hesitant steps. His eyes were looking carefully through the shelves while he fingered at the car keys in his pants.

He couldn't understand how calm Tony was where he walked in front of him with casual steps. Almost like he was there to do anything else but steal. How did he seem so unaffected?
Steve smiled a little awkwardly at a lady passing them with fast steps while he tried to not lose the smaller guy. He had a feeling that Stark was one of those persons who could run away and hide somewhere just to fuck with his head. (Me)

"Do you know what you're going to buy yet?" Tony asked over his shoulder.

"Buy?" Steve asked before he could stop himself. "I mean- yes! Yes of course." He said quickly, making Tony turn around and gave him a "really?" look.

Steve smiled nervously before looking away, feeling even more stupid than before as Tony's glare was buried into his soul. But instead of getting a rude comment about his short thinking,

Tony...smiled? What the- he actually found it amusing?

"You're an idiot." Tony said before patting his shoulder and turned around again. Ignoring Steve's warm smile that lighted up the whole store.