Chapter 36

19:51
- Hey Tony where are you? You haven't answered any of my calls and my parents said you weren't here when they got home.

20:14
- Are you okay? Why aren't you responding?

20:25
- Tony quit messing with me. Where are you?

21:04
- Peggy is gone, so you can come out from where ever your hiding.

21:32
- Stark answer me.

21:57
-...are you angry with me or something?

22:00
- Please tell me you're okay.

"Don't worry honey, he's probably gone for a walk or something."

Steve looked up at his mother with a raised eyebrow. "For over 5 hours?" He asked, his blue pupils shrinking for a second as he realized how long it had been.

His mother looked at him through her long eyelashes before giving his father a quick look. He answered her by taking a sip from his coffee mug.

The kitchen lamp made Steve's eyes sting in exhaustion, his gaze glued at his phone screen where his unread messages were waiting to be opened. Together with the many calls, his boyfriend hadn't responded to. He could hear how the rain quietly hit the window glass from outside and how his mother's fingers were tapping her perfect nails against the kitchen table.

He didn't get it. Why would Tony just disappear like that? It didn't make any sense.

"We could always wait till the morning. Maybe he's at one of his friends or just want to be alone." His father suggested without taking his eyes off the newspaper.

"I can't wait till the morning." Steve said. "What if he gets home in the middle of the night?"

Joseph looked up at his son. "Then I'll let him inside. My night shift won't keep me that occupied." He said calmly while taking another sip of his coffee, which was the only liquid he wanted to drink when he worked home at night.

Steve gave him a hesitant look before he returned to his text again. "I don't think I'll be able to sleep."

Sarah gave him a warm smile. "We understand. And we're happy that you've made such a good friend. But you need some sleep." She said with a soft voice.

Steve smiled sadly when he heard the word "friend" leave his mother's mouth. His parents were amazingly oblivious sometimes. He was actually quite surprised that they didn't even suspect him for being anything else than what they wanted him to be. It shocked him that they had never heard nor caught him being flirty with his boyfriend, or even noticed the looks they gave each other. Steve had lost count of his many times he had warned Tony about his parents. But of course, the raven-haired never listened.

"Steve." His mother called his attention softly and Steve met her eyes. "Go get some sleep. We'll search for him in the morning, maybe his father knows where he is."

Steve shook his head. "His dad doesn't care about him." He stood up from the table with his eyes glued to his phone screen. "Imma get some sleep." His mumble and his mother nodded at him understanding. He left his parents in the kitchen while making his way up the stairs to his slightly messy room.