Chapter 13

Steve sighed heavily as he pressed his hands into the pockets of his blue hoodie, his lip tightly in between his teeth as he chewed at it lightly, deep in his hurricane of thoughts. His feet were resting at the chair in front of him as his teammates were training on the soccer field together.

He could always go home and read a book, or maybe draw something. But he couldn't find the will or strength to sit home alone. He'll rather be with his new friends, even if it meant watching them play his favorite sport without him.

He felt so disappointed. Mostly at himself because of the fact that his foot just didn't want to recover, and it made him more pissed than ever. He really wanted to compete on Monday, but of course, the whole situation yelled "hah you wish!" right in his face.

"Sup loser." He heard a very familiar female voice say behind him and he looked up at the girl.

"Hi Nat..." he answered and gave her a short smile as she climbed over the seats and placed herself next to her friend, taking a sip of the redbull she had in her hand.

"Want some?" She asked and shook it gently in the air. Steve considered it for a short moment before shrugging and taking it from Nat's hand.

"Guess it'll help me drown my sorrows." He mumbled sarcastically and took a sip, letting the energy drink slide down his throat. Feeling the sugar and chemicals sweet up his tongue. Natasha snorted a little while watching him drink.  His eyes were fastened at the soccer field.

"So-" She said shortly to start a conversation. "The first week in Avengers prep over....still wanna go here or do you wish to go back to Brooklyn?" She asked jokingly.

Steve smiled at her. "I think I'll manage here." Steve smirked. "Feels like I've already been here for months." He admitted and gave back the redbull to the redhead who casually took a sip.

"Believe it or not but you fit here  Rogers." She said with a nice smile on her lips, which made Steve look at her confused.

"Really?"

Nat nodded assuring, which made the blond smile to himself. He had thought he was the one who didn't fit in anywhere at all. "But that's not why I search for you around the whole school." She then said with a mysterious smile, which actually made Steve a little hesitant.

"You could've just texted, or called." .

Nat shrugged. "Yeah I know." She answered and rested her feet on the seat in front of her. "But I just had to ask if you've found any place to have Tony's surprise party." She explained with a smug smile.

Steve sighed irritated. "You asked me to do that at lunch, that was like four hours ago so no I haven't even started." He said.

"Well that's okay. Cause I already know a place."

"You do?" Steve asked impressed.

"Of course I do." She answered like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Steve looked at her with curious eyes. "Well.....where?" He asked.

Natasha smirked. "The place Stark would least expect it." She said. "His own house."

Steve looked at her with wide and questionable eyes. Letting the words sink in before he chuckled. "You joking?" He asked and bent forward to hear her clearly.

"Oh c'mon it's the perfect idea! Plus his parents aren't home and he always shoots parties for no reason." She said waved her hand casually in the air.

Steve rolled his eyes with a mocking smile. "And how are you going to fix a party for Tony in his own house without him noticing?" He asked challenging. He agreed that it was a good idea, but how the hell was she supposed to do that without Stark walking in on her.