Chapter 14

"Seriously! You had one fucking job!" Natasha spat into the phone.

"It's not my fault! I had to use the toilet and when I returned he was gone!"

"Well why don't you wear a diaper or something?! The smartest thing to do is not leaving a Stark alone when you're supposed to distract him from coming home!"

Steve looked at his friend with wide blue eyes, having no idea what was going on right now and he turned his head to Bruce with a questioning eyebrow.

Peter seemed just as confused and slightly terrified by Natasha's strong and irritated voice.

"You'll better find him now! I still have a couple of rooms left to check!" Natasha said with a little lower voice.

"Well why are you yelling at me instead of doing that?"

"Because you called me."

"Uuh Nat.." Clint interrupted her wild conversation with the guy on the phone with an unsure voice. "I think we have to go..like now."

He pointed with his thumb towards the window and when Natasha made her way up to it and looked out, she cursed.
Steve raised his eyebrows before standing up, wanting to check what was going on.

He bit his lip in panic as he saw a back car rolling up on the sand road and stopping at the stairs. He could see Tony sitting in the passenger seat, his normal smirk on his lips as he spoke with the driver.

"Okay new plan. Rogers-" Natasha said quickly, pointing at Steve with a fast motion. "-sneak out through the window and distract him!"

"What?! No way!" Steve protested as he wrinkled his forehead irritated.

"Rather you than me." Clint said.

"Who's voting for Steve?" Natasha asked and put her hand in the air, only to have Bruce and Clint following her immediately.

"Just want to say I'm having my hand in the air." Rhodey said quickly from the phone before Natasha hit the red button on the screen.

"Why me?!" Steve asked with an angry voice while throwing his arms to his sides.

"Cause he won't kill you. Now go!" Clint explained before running to the window opposite the other and opened it so Tony wouldn't see the blond sneak out.

Steve looked from Natasha to Bruce and the guy at the window with pleading eyes. "W-what I'm the one he most likely would kill!"

"Don't be so sure about that. Now go." Natasha said and shook her head before pushing him towards the window.

Steve groaned irritated. How did he always end up in this kind of situation? He didn't even want to be here in the first place.

He sighed before throwing his leg over the windowsill. It wasn't so far to the ground, about one or two meters maybe less. He could probably manage the fall, if it wasn't for his ankle of course.
Without thinking he swung his other leg over and let himself land on the soft grass under him with a low thud.

He had expected a sting of pain. Of course he had. He was human after all. But he hadn't expected his foot to littelry scream in protest before a wave of pain got over him and he hissed quietly at the hurtful feeling. Small tears appearing in the corner of his eyes as he straightened himself a little. Taking deep breaths to regain control again.

"You okay?" He heard Natasha whisper worryingly from behind. He gave a small thumbs up and turning his head towards the car.

Tony had stepped out and was now pulling out his phone from his back pocket, tapping the screen lightly and waving goodbye to the driver over his back. The cab drove away and left the dark-haired teen alone on his way up the stairs.