Chapter 6

Tony felt how his hands became sweaty as his legs pulled him reluctantly over the beautiful grass towards the black car. He looked back at his friends who all of them watched him with worried and confused eyes. All of them have the same thought. Why the hell was his dad here? 

Tony opened the door slowly, guessing that his father was sitting on the other side, waiting for him to sit down. The teen inhaled deeply into his nose before stepping inside the backseat next to his dad, who was wearing a grey, rather fancy suit with black shoes and a black tie. He definitely looked like a businessman with his briefcase next to him and a cigarette between his long and index finger.  

"Having fun?" Howard asked dryly as Tony was seated against the beige leather. He gave the older man a grimace before his sight turned away from him out into nature. 

"What are you doing here?" Tony asked with an uninterested tone, even though he was kind of curious about what his dad's answer was going to be.

Howard didn't respond at first, his eyes were locked outside at the green trees and skatepark as he eyed the students outside. "Is that the Rogers kid?" he suddenly asked and Tony looked up a little shocked by the question.

"Yyyyyeah..." he answered. "Why? How do you know him?" he asked as he didn't take his eyes off the blond outside. He was still sitting at the benches and watching challenging at Bucky who was kicking his soccer ball in the air and twisting his leg around it from time to time, always having control over what he was doing.

Howard shrugged his shoulders before looking back at the seat in front of him, bringing the cigarette to his lips and inhaled the unhealthy steam into his lungs. "People are talking." he explained, still with the determined facial expression.

"Enough with the small talk." he said after a while and Tony sighed as he rested his head against the black car window.

"After the complete failure of my presentation yesterday I have to go back to my business trip and finish up what I started." he took a break as the sound of Tony hitting his head lazily against the window disturbed him. His son was obviously not paying attention to his words.

Tony noticed his dad's irritated facial expression which made the black haired boy stop with the banging. Sitting up with a roll of his eyes, which thank god his dad didn't notice thanks to the sunglasses. "And this time, I'll go with my prototype." Howard finished, looking at the teen accusingly.

Tony met his eyes, acting like he didn't understand a thing when he looked back behind himself, almost like he thought his father was talking to someone else.

Howard sighed once again as he put his head in his hand. "Why do you have to be so difficult?" he asked and Tony didn't answer.

The teen put his leg over his knee casually. "I learned from the best."

"Anthony." Howards warned.

Tony smiled to himself, proud of his comeback as he knew that he annoyed his dad.

Howard groaned irritated. "Anthony, look at me." He said and Tony turned his head lazily, acting bored. "I'm going to be out of town. Please don't do anything stupid while I'm gone."

No answer.

"Anthony?" he asked.

Tony was still facing him with a calm expression on his face.
"Are you having your eyes closed?" he asked irritated, Tony didn't answer. "Anthony!"

Suddenly Tony shot up in the seat a little overreacting. "Sorry I must have fallen asleep." he said, obviously trying to piss his dad off.

Howard took a deep breath to calm himself down. He ran his hand through his gray hair exhausted as Tony turned to the window again, fingering on the seatbelt next to him.