Chapter 41

The heat was surrounding him, burning him, licking him with flames and tearing his skin open. It was painful and horrifying, making tears escape his eyes and sweat running down his body. It was getting closer and closer every time. Almost like it was searching for a way around him and tried to trap him in a huge could of dark smoke. He yelled out in pain when he felt how the whispering voices got louder and louder, telling him how he was never going to get out of there.

Tony reached out his hand, trying to escape the flames and heat, only to be pulled back inside again. Strong hands held him back, pulling his broken arm backward as he tries to break free. But the pain was too intense. He fell to his knees, screaming when the ashes burned into his knees and blinded his sight. He couldn't find any words as the heat was too intense. But when the words finally slipped out, he only managed to scream one thing.

A name that had been pulling his heart and breaking it, again and again. But when the name finally left his lips, he started shaking. The hands pulled his shoulders back and forth, almost like they tried and wake him.

The raven-haired opened his eyes and saw how the world around him faded..

***

"For fuck sake kid wake up."

Tony blinked his eyes open. His breathing was heavy and sweat was pouring down his body, soaking his clothes while he looks around himself confused.

"Finally." Jeremy's voice said in a relieved tone and Tony finally remembered where he was. But instead of being alone in the cell, he had company by the asian man who was still holding his shoulders tightly. "What the fuck was that? I've never seen anyone have a nightmare like that." Jeremy stated concerned.

Tony looked at him confused while stuttering over his words. "Y-you saw my dream?"

"What- no why the hell? I saw the way you were shaking and screaming that's for sure." Jeremy said, almost like he was mad at him. He finally let go of Tony's shoulders before giving him some space.

The teen had finally caught his breath again. He looked around himself one more time before resting his head against the wall behind him. "Fuck." That was the only word he said this time.

"Fuck indeed." Jeremy agreed. "I thought you were dying." He said with a small but still worked up laugh.

"Then you wouldn't need to do the dirty job." Tony said dryly, making the asian look at him with pity in his eyes.

"Nobody's gonna die kid. Ryan will make sure of it."

"Oh please he's just saying that so you won't panic." Tony said tiredly.

Jeremy smiled. "Maybe"

"No seriously. He is. He's all over you and doesn't wanna disappoint you." Tony said with the same grumpy voice.

Jeremy sighed. "He's my greatest friend. Of course he doesn't."

"Yeah, friend." Tony scoffed before laughing slightly.

"Yes, he's like a brother to me." Jerry answered with the same nonchalant voice. "And I think you should keep your nose out of this. Wouldn't want me to start questioning your private life."

"You know nothing about me." Tony mumbled.

Jerry raised an eyebrow. "Oh yeah? Well who's Steve?"

"Oh for the love of god, did your friend tell you that?" Tony asked, trying to be the winning person in this conversation. But he knew that if this man started talking about Steve, he was screwed.