Chapter 18

"Thank you Stark."

Tony looked up from his phone screen with a perfectly raised eyebrow. He had been sitting alone outside the skate park for a few minutes now, not doing anything special or waiting for someone.
He just didn't want to go home to an empty house yet. Usually, he would love to be home alone. It was a paradise.
No irritating fights. No unnecessary yelling at for doing something that wasn't okay for some reason. No crazy father who drove him out of his mind.
Just him, the workshop, his playstation, and his stuff.

And Peter. Who was a very good company for that matter.

But now he just didn't want to go home just yet. And thank god for that decision because all of sudden, Steve Rogers interrupted his alone time.

"For what?" He asked as he saw the taller guy walking up to him.

"For this." Steve said and pulled out the little button he had kept safe in his pocket. "It was very nice of you." He mumbled with a sweet smile and reached it out for Tony to take.

Tony's glare went from the object in Steve's hand and to his face. Which was still as handsome as ever for that matter.

..oh god stop it already Stark.

"No biggie." Tony responded while taking what belonged to him and put it safely in his backpack.

"It is for me." Steve said which made Tony look at him with an unimpressed look. Steve bit his tongue before speaking. "Look no one has ever...like, actually stayed up all night just to assure that I could participate in something I really want."

"I never said that I stayed up all night." Tony cut in.

"You didn't have to." Steve answered with a shy smile while looking down in front of him. "I noticed that you were...tired." he said which made Tony look away from him, a small blush appearing on his cheeks which Steve thank god didn't notice.

"I can be tired even though I slept the whole night." Tony said quickly, knowing that he didn't sound so believable.

"You also admitted that you made it for me." Steve pointed out and now Tony rolled his eyes.

"Screw you."

The blond couldn't help but laugh at the younger guy. "Why can't you just admit that you're a kind person?"

"Because I'm not!" Tony said and threw out his arms, even though a smile was forming on his lips.

"Sure..tell yourself that." Steve said with a smirk before sitting down next to the genius, who shifted a little uncomfortably. He didn't complain though.

"How can I make it up to you?" Steve suddenly asked. Which made Tony raise his eyebrows.

"Really? You want to make it up to me?" Tony asked and when Steve nodded without hesitation, he made an impressed face. "Well...I don't really need anything. Billionaire...remember?" Tony smirked and pointed at himself, which made Steve roll his eyes amusingly.

"Well I still owe you." Steve said while shrugging nonchalantly. "So if you need anything-"

"Okay this is getting way too cheesy for me." Tony cut in with a little laugh. He was not used to someone who wanted to return a favor, so this was a little weird. In a good kind of weird. Like a "where the hell have you been all this time?" kind of weird.

"Speaking of cheesy." Tony suddenly said and stood up. "If you so badly wanna return the favor you can buy me a cheeseburger or something. I'm starving." He said with his hands in his jacket pockets.

Steve looked at him a little judgingly before shaking his head with a laugh. "Sure." He answered and turned to his car.

Tony smiled satisfied while following the older teen, knowing that he could also have asked for a personal bodyguard that wasn't one of his father's. But whatever, it felt wrong to use Steve like that.