Chapter 48

It was a late Friday afternoon. The sun was a little pale where it was hanging in the sky, but it still lit up the decorated kitchen nicely, and the Christmas lights awoke an amazing feeling. Right, Christmas.

It was Christmas everywhere you turned. In every corner of every street, there was some kind of plastic snowman or funny looking decoration. In every window of every shop, there were Christmas lights and Christmas there and Chritmas that and Christmas who and Christmas why.

Steve hadn't even noticed them at first, he had been too occupied with his life to notice the holiday spirit in the city. He was actually rather tired, the happy feeling before Christmas wasn't there yet, and it made the teen feel empty inside.

"Do you have a date tonight?" His mother asked him interested, eyeing his blue suit-pants and white button-up shirt with sparkling eyes.

"No, it's just a silly Christmas party." He responded.

"Do you have a date for the party?" She asked instead, changing the question with a wink.

Steve rolled his eyes secretly while opening the fridge. "No," he responded before biting his lip. "I had but, he-..she won't be able to make it."

Sarah raised her eyebrows. "Oh? So there is one, huh?" She asked with a small smirk on her face.

Steve sighed before picking out a soda with a tired look on his face. "Apparently."

Sarah raised a worried brow. "Hey? Is there something wrong? You haven't been acting like yourself recently." She said with a soft voice.

Steve took a huge sip from his soda can before turning around and rested against the fridge. "Yeah..I know." He responded.

"Is it because of your date?" Sarah asked.

Steve hesitated a bit before nodding. "Something like that."

His mother smiled. "Well, how is she? What does she look like?"

"Eh..." Steve said awkwardly, looking into the soda can with his teeth bit together. "She's....she has.." He took a small breath. He realized that he didn't have to come up with some imaginary girl, so after a few seconds of silence he swallowed lightly. "She has dark hair," he said shortly.

Sarah chuckled. "Nothing else?"

Steve took another thoughtful sip before responding. "Brown eyes...like..really brown eyes." He chucked and his mother's smile grew.

"And?" She asked.

"Uuuh.....short?"

Sarah gave out a heartwarming laugh. "Doesn't she have a personality?" She asked.

Steve smiled slightly. "Right," he said, thinking a little before he placed the soda can on the table, leaning back against the furniture behind him. "She's..stubborn. Stubborn and strong-minded, but at the same time, really caring.."

Sarah smiled and tilted her head as she listened to her son's words.

"She's very intelligent and cunning." He said. "She's loyal and generous, and have a sarcastic sense of humor, that can be both hilarious and annoying at the same time. She puts everyone else before herself..." Steve finished, not realizing how he had zoned out in his own world.

"She sounds like an amazing person." Sarah agreed, a warm smile still decorating her beautiful lips.

Steve nodded slowly. "Yeah...he is.." He said, not noticing how his mom ignored the little mistake he had made in his sentence.

"Well, I should get going," Sarah said and stood up on her feet. "Don't want to be late for your father's business party." She said with a sarcastic voice and Steve smiled at her before once again attempting to drown himself in soda.