Chapter 1

"Steve honey, you're going to be late for school!" Steve could hear his mother call for him downstairs.

"Coming!" He groaned as he sat up in his bed, hair messy from laying down for such a long time. He was already dressed but hadn't found the strength or will to get up again after collapsing back in his bed.

He and his parents had just moved from beautiful Brooklyn a few days ago to Malibu in California. It was still very new, and he was always just as confused as the last time when he looked out through the window, not expecting the big city in front of him. He had not been happy about the fact that they had to move. His dad accepted a new job here so Steve was literally forced to pack all his things and say bye-bye to their old life.

He hated it. He didn't want to be here. He had to leave everything behind him. His friends, his school, and his girlfriend Peggy. Or ex-girlfriend by now. They decided to break up because they wouldn't be able to see each other. He missed her already and he was having a hard time getting over her.

Steve jumped up from his bed as he made his way over to his mirror. Looking at his reflection and fixing his blond hair a little, making it look more stylish than it actually was. When he was satisfied, or satisfied enough, he grabbed his backpack and ran down the stairs. He almost tripped over a perfectly placed box in the middle of the stairs, full of his father's things.

"Steve! We have to go!" He heard his mother yell, and he groaned slightly annoyed before jumping over the box and walking out of the house. His mom was waiting for him in her car and he made his way over the front lawn and sat down in the passenger seat. 

"Have you eaten?" Sarah asked and before Steve could answer, she had placed an apple in his hand. "You need your strength." She said and Steve smiled at her.

"Yes I did eat, but thanks." He said and took a bite of the fruit.

"You must be nervous, this is your first day after all," Sarah said kindly while starting the engine and pulling up on the driveway.

Steve chuckled lightly at her behavior. "You seem more nervous than I am." He said.

"Don't be silly." His mom said and Steve gave her a look before laying back in the seat. He looked through the small windows with tired eyes, watching the houses and people passing by outside. It was a beautiful day. A perfect day actually. The green trees were moving peacefully in the wind and the sky was completely blue, not a single cloud in sight.

Steve clicked his tongue lightly before turning up the volume on the radio. Music started beating in his ears and he smiled as High Hope's by Panic At The Disco made a feeling of excitement grow inside of him. He lazily pulled his sunglasses over his eyes as the sun blinded him a little.

"Are you okay sweetie?" His mother asked him and he laughed.

"Yes mom I'm fine." He answered with a smile, his blue eyes looking at his beautiful mother in the driver's seat. They continued the drive in silence while Steve finished his apple, the music making him relax while Sarah seemed a little I'm pleased by the loud volume. Of course, Steve noticed and turned it down. No need to make his mother deaf.

After a couple of minutes, they finally arrived at their destination. The large building in front of him made him whistle slightly impressed. The school was decorated in white and shining windows everywhere you looked.

"Fancy." He mumbled, a little hesitant after getting out of the car. He looked at the students around him with interested eyes. Everyone seemed to be having a good time. The atmosphere was nice and the sound of discussions and jokes made him feel pretty safe. Some of the students were just standing still and some were messing around. He let his eyes travel over the not so attention-catching people.