Chapter 8

"What's with the long face Tony?" Bruce asked worryingly as the genius made his way up to them. Every step he took felt heavy, almost like a pair of weights were hanging over his shoulders, pressing him down into the soft ground. Or maybe it was just his backpack which he carried like half of all his books.

Tony gave him a sneaky smile. "This long face is tired, that's what it is." He said casually, acting like nothing had happened as he sat down next to him. They were all waiting for Rhodey, he was probably late as usual.

"Well why don't you just lay down and sleep while we go and buy hot dogs and will absolutely not leave you here until some creep comes and kidnap you?" Clint said which made Bruce snort.

"Sure, but I know you wouldn't be able to leave me. You love me too much." Tony answered teasingly, which Clint rolled his eyes at.

"Well the kidnapper would probably return you, you never shut up." Clint mumbled jokingly.

"And that comes from the right person." Tony answered sarcastically with a glint in his eye as Clint kicked him lazily in the leg where he stood above him.

They talked for a while, waiting for Rhodey to come and meet them up but he was just as slow as the other times they planned to meet up.

Even though Clint kept distracting him, Tony couldn't stop thinking about Steve. He felt bad for some reason. The way Rogers had looked at him when those horrible words left his mouth was heart-shattering and he felt how a feeling of regret grew deep inside his gut. He didn't even hear when Bruce asked him a question.

"Tony? Hello? Earth to Tony Stark."

Tony looked up confused as Bruce snapped his fingers in front of his face.

"Okay what's going on with you? Did something happen with Rogers?" Bruce asked worryingly, noticing how his friend looked so down all of sudden.

"Did you guys fuck?" Clint asked with a smirk which made Tony wrinkled his eyebrows at him.

"Seriously?" He asked.

"You totally fucked him, didn't you?" Clint said before sitting up with wide eyes. "Or did he fuck you?!"

"Wh-what? No! No one fucked anyone!" Tony almost yelled embarrassingly loud before putting his head in his hand, groaning deeply.

Bruce raised an eyebrow at Clint before turning to his BFF again. "Then what happened? You look so...regretful?"

Tony looked at him impressed. "How the-? Okay I'm seriously getting scared right now." He laughed as he jokingly moved away from his friend.

Bruce rolled his eyes. "I've known you since forever Tony, I can read you like an open book. Now tell me, what happened with Steve?"

Tony turned away from him as he pulled up a fist off the grass and started to play with it between his fingers. Which made both of his friends look at him suspiciously.

"He saw me-"

"Naked?"

Tony threw the fist with grass over Clint in an irritated manner, very close to hitting him in the head. Bruce stopped them just in time and pushed them away from each other. Telling Tony to keep talking.

"He saw me without the glasses. And...offered to help me to take care of it." He mumbled unsurely, looking down at the grass-covered ground before meeting his friend's eyes.

"That's it?" Clint asked.

Tony bit his lip before he kept going. "I kind of...panicked-god this is so awkward." he said with a laugh and hit himself in the forehead.