Chapter 24

"Well you two look both miserable and pleased. An enjoyable night I presume?" Natasha asked with a teasing wink as she saw the two guys walk into the kitchen. She was dressed in a pair of blue jeans and a black top while her hair was hanging down flat against her shoulders.

"Shut it." Tony groaned as he made his way to the fridge, making Steve follow him with his eyes before sitting down at the kitchen island.

He felt slightly uncomfortable with sitting there and listening to Natasha's teasing and smirking. Isn't she hangover or something?

"What did you think of the party Stark? Quite impressive don't you think?" Nat asked as she took a sip from her water glass.

"Okay first of all- how do you know where all my stuff is even though you've never been to my house? Second- I should hit you for breaking in- third...." Tony paused for a few seconds before opening the door to the fridge. "...the party was great."

"Yess!" Nat cheered to herself quietly, making Steve smile a little.

"When did you wake up?" He asked.

"Around 10 I think.." she responded while checking the time on her phone. "So two hours ago." She said, smiling as she noticed how miserable Tony looked before she passed a package of painkillers over the table.

"Then I can skip breakfast." Tony mumbled and closing the fridge again before picking up the package. "I don't even eat breakfast so what the heck am I doing at the fridge?" He asked himself, making Natasha snort amusingly.

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day Tony. You should probably start eating in the morning." Steve said carefully.

"I don't like the taste of food in the morning." Tony pointed out as he sat down next to Nat.

"It doesn't matter." Steve said. "Breakfast is important. You have gone about 8 hours without food so eating in the morning is very necessary."

"Are you my mom?" Tony asked irritated.

"Okay I'm gonna leave." Natasha said with a joyful smile, knowing very well that this conversation was probably going to end in an awkward silence, which she didn't want to be a part of.

"I cleaned a lot of the cups and garbage, I also took down the confetti and balloons so the rest is pretty much moving the furniture back in its rightful place." She said as she grabbed her bag and put her water glass in the sink. "Bruce and I will be back." She added.

Tony gave her a tired smile. "Thanks Nat. I appreciate it."

"No problem." She answered casually before walking out of the kitchen with her nose already in her phone. And just as she had guessed, silence filled the room as the two guys listened to her footsteps against the floor and how the door eventually closed.

They sat opposite each other, not knowing what to say or do. Steve was looking around himself, pretending that he had never been there before, even though he immediately recognized the white kitchen and the photos on the wall.

Tony was watching him with wondering eyes while suspiciously raising one eyebrow. "So..." he finally said, making Steve look at him. "About..last night."

Steve inhaled deeply. "Yeah...it was..something." he stuttered awkwardly.

"Most of it is blurry pictures from my side..." Tony said, now looking away from the guy in front of him. "But I do remember...a few things."

Steve chewed his inner cheek. "Like what?"

"Well.." Tony said quietly, now smiling slightly. "Mostly your dick in my mouth."