Chapter 33

15:45. That's what the numbers on her phone screen said as her perfect red nails lightly tapped the back of her device. The pretty silver bracelets around her wrists felt light as feathers against her skin. Her loose-fitting jeans pants dressed her nicely, and her white t-shirt which was open in the back, fluttered a little in the wind. The sun was shining brightly above her, and she had to blink her eyes a few times to be able to see the house in front of her clearly.

Wednesday. It was already Wednesday. She had literally been this close to the house for almost a week, not being able to walk up to its nice-looking door and knock on it. It felt like her heart was stuck in her throat as she took a deep breath in excitement and nervosity. This was it.

The teenage girl let her legs pull her to the street. She took a quick look to the sides, making sure that no cars were going to drive over her, before making her way to the other side. Her pretty lips formed a smile in excitement as she walked up the stairs.

Is he even home? She asked herself. His school should have ended by now so hopefully he's home and not out with some friends.

She took another deep breath and dried her sweaty hands on her jeans, before lightly pressing her finger against the button to the doorbell. She could hear the small bell from behind the door, making her bite her under lip.

Please be home.

*****

"Doorbell." Tony said overly loud, not looking up from his comic book.

"Yeah I heard asshole." Steve groaned and lightly kicked his leg's loss from Tony's. The blond stretched his back, cursing from laying in such an unhealthy position on the couch. They had been laying in the same position on each side with their legs intertwined since Steve had got home from school.

"Didn't you say you wanted to go to school?" Steve had asked on Monday morning. The only response he'd received was; "I don't know, did I?"

"Doorbell." Tony said again when the second signal could be heard from the corridor. Just as loudly as before.

"Yeah I know." Steve groaned irritated. "Probably my parents."

"Don't they have keys?"

Steve only rolled his eyes before walking towards the door. His hair was probably a mess from laying down for so long and he yawned widely from the lack of fresh air. Maybe it was a good thing to open the door and get some air into the house.

Without thinking more about who the person ringing the bell was, he grabbed the shining handle and pulled the door open. His blues eyes going from completely unfocused to suddenly very awake and wide. The person standing in front of him was not his parents.
Instead, there was a beautiful girl with chocolate brown hair and perfect pale skin. Her lips, which were painted in a darker red color, slowly formed into a smile. A smile Steve had seen for so many years. A smile he had missed so much.

"Hi Steve."

Steve flinched as he heard her voice. "Peggy?" He said, his shocked expression disappearing and was replaced with the happiest face in the entire world.

"Surprise." She laughed and Steve couldn't believe his eyes.

"You're actually here. I-I heard that my friend had seen you but- I didn't believe-"

"Me neither." Peggy snorted. "But my mom had some business meeting and I decided to come with her." She explained. Steve could only laugh as Peggy threw herself in his arms, making him stumble backward a few steps.