Sharon

The beautiful Dianna Argon as Sharon!

January 30, 2015

I clock out and gather all my stuff so I can leave. I've got to stop by Sharon's house then make it home so I can make dinner for Jared and me.

"Hey Sharon it's me Alice. I'm on my way over and I'll see you in a bit." I say to her voicemail. This is gonna be hard.

I grab my phone and answer it as it starts vibrating.

"Hello." I say as I rush into my car.

"Hey sweetheart." My mom says. This is the first phone call we've had in forever.

"Hey mom I can't really talk right now. I'm kinda in a hurry." I say as I crank the car.

"Well I guess call me later. I love you baby." She says and hangs up. I feel bad for blowing her off but Sharon has to come first right now.

I pull out of the small parking lot and drive hurriedly down the road. Hopefully Sharon is actually home when I get there or this trip will be for nothing.

I want to forgive her. I have too. If not for her sake then for mine. I can't spend the rest of my life upset with her over something that doesn't even matter anymore. Any normal person would probably kick her out of their lives but she's my baby sister. I raised her. You don't give up on family.

I finally pull into her driveway and feel nervous as I notice her car is actually here. This is it. There's no backing out yet. I take a deep breath to try to stabilize my shaking hands. I turn the car off and walk to her porch. I knock on the door and take a step back.

She opens the door and her blonde hair is a mess and she looks awful.

"What do you want?" She asks me bored.

"I just wanna talk Shar." I mumble.

"Talk then."

"I need to know why. I don't understand why you would do what you did." I say in a huff.

"I did it because you were their favorite. You're everyone's favorite and it fucking sucks! What about me? I fucking matter too!" She yells furious.

"That's what this is about? Sharon I'm not anyone's favorite. You have to see that sweetheart." I say as I try to open the glass door so I can hug her or something.

"No! You've always been the perfect one you bitch! They always compare all of us to you! Why can't you be more like Alice? Why don't you get a job like Alice? Blah blah blah!"

"Sharon please stop this. I'm sorry. I really am. Please I'll do anything." I plead. I want to be back on good terms with her. I have to be.

"Don't forgive me then. Be a little less fucking perfect and be mad at me! Throw a fit. Hit me or something! Do it Alice!" She yells. She's clearly unstable.

"No. I forgive you Sharon. I love you and that's what sisters do. I'm not going to hit you or throw a fit but you're gonna calm your ass down." I say seriously. I pull the door open and I want to vomit when the smell of alcohol and whatever else hits my nose.

"I'm so sorry Alice." She says and falls to pieces in front of me. I wrap my arms around her and her tears soak through my shirt.

"It's okay honey. It's okay." I whisper and rub her back. I should be the one in pieces. I should be so mad I can't see straight.

"I didn't mean for it to happen." She sobs loudly.

"I know."

"I do love him though Alice." She whispers and my heart breaks for her. She's fallen in love with a cheater and abuser. I don't know how to save her from him.