Epilouge

"I am happy to announce that today marks 10 years sober. It's been a hell of a journey and I couldn't have done it without the support of my family and friends." We all watch as Leo speaks to the small crowd. He's graduating from the program and going to college to be able to come back as a therapist here.

"I was a horrible person. A new kind of horrible may I add. I was abusive, mentally and physically. I was mentally unstable. I did a lot of things I'm not proud of. I'm thankful that charges weren't pressed against me. I'm more thankful for the forgiveness from those I hurt though." Leo pauses and his eyes meet mine. I smile and nod slightly. I forgave him a long time ago. He's done great. I'm extremely proud of him.

"When I found out my girlfriend, now my wife, was pregnant with twins, I knew I had to change. I never thought I would be a dad. So I started going to a therapist and was advised to write a letter to the person I hurt the most. So I did. She's sitting in this audience with her beautiful family. She now has 2 daughters and 2 sons with another on the way. She's my best friend." Leo smiles and my heart aches for Jared.

"Anyways, I start taking classes next week to become a helper here at this very center. I'm thankful for all the help I've had from my family and friends. I'm a better person now than I ever was. Thank you for your time and support. Everyone here is who they are because of their support system and the amazing staff here." Leo finishes and steps away from the podium. I take a deep breath as Bailey, my youngest son pulls on my arm.

"Mommy is Uncle Leo done? Can I go see him?" He asks excitedly.

"Yes baby. Let's go see Uncle Leo." I stand up and Bailey grabs my right hand. Rebekuh, my oldest, holds Benjamin's hand. Benjamin my second oldest, holds Renna's hand. And sweet Renna holds my left hand. It's a long system but it gets the job done. It's not as hard when Jared is here. He's never here anymore though.

"Also, I'd like to welcome Staff Sergeant Jared Bright. He's home from his last tour." Leo says and I stop in my tracks. The kids are pulling at me from every which way. I don't know what to do.

"Alice." I hear a voice behind me and I turn around and I stop breathing. The kids run to him and jump all over him covering him with kisses and love. Tears leave my eyes and I'm frozen.

"Hey kiddos, let's go see Leland and Leon." Leo says from behind me. The kids jump from daddy to uncle Leo and he rubs my back before taking the kids to play.

"Hey my love." Jared says with a deep breath. God am I glad to see him.

"Is this for good?" I ask softly.

"I'm done baby. I'm home." He smiles and I jump into his arms. He kisses me hard and I pull away before it can turn into something not family oriented.

"I've missed you. God I've missed you." I cry and he wipes the tears away softly.

"I know baby. I've missed you more than I can say. How're all my babies?" He sits me down softly.

"They ask where you are every night but they're okay. Doing good in school, Rebekuh says she has a boyfriend, Bailey has been telling me that I'm the prettiest lady in the whole wide world. Benjamin got in a fight because someone said you didn't want him anymore. Renna is doing that weird thing where she colors on everything. Including our toilet. I hired someone to paint her room with that chalkboard paint stuff so thankfully our toilet is no longer rainbow princess monkey." I smile as I rant on about our lovely children.

"You're doing that thing where you ramble on. Don't be nervous." He smiles.

"Oh and I found out that this baby isn't actually a boy." I smile at the little secret.

"Oh really? They messed up?" He asks surprised.

"Something like that. It's twins. A boy and a girl."

"And our family continues to grow. I'm so happy." He smiles before pulling me into another kiss.

"No more after this one." I stop him with a smile.

"That's what we said after Benjamin remember?"

"For real this time." I sigh.

"Come on. Let's go see the kids." He smiles and leads me out to the playground where the kids are. We have a seat on a bench and watch the life we've built together. Only 10 years and were a few months from 6 kids. 6 beautiful, well behaved, Angels. The loves of my life and the reason for my being. This is the life I've dreamed about. I never imagined it like this exactly but I wouldn't change a thing.

"We created some of the most amazing kids." Jared holds my hand tightly.

"Yeah we did. They're perfect." I sigh.

"I just watched Bailey hug a little girl who was crying and then help her find her mom."

"He's the sweetest kid we have honestly."

"He's not wrong you know. You are the prettiest lady in the whole wide world." He smiles and kisses my cheek.

"I have a feeling you were behind that."

"Of course. I don't think I'll ever have enough kids honestly. I think I'll always want more."

"Oh hush. No more." I laugh loudly as he buries his face in my neck.

"Fine. Fine. Well call in done after these 2." He smiles.