High school all over again.

Alice's prom dress ^^

January 17, 2015

I take a deep breath and rub my face hard. I found out about Leo cheating on me a few days ago. He's not very smart when it comes to being sneaky. I saw him with some blonde girl the other day. I didn't see her face but I'm not stupid.

I stayed in bed that day and cried until I couldn't cry anymore. I called his mom and made the drive over there. She rubbed my back while I cried as I told her everything that's happened. She told me that she was sorry and that she would help anyway that she could.

She told me of a few places that Leo went too regularly and I printed up some pictures and wrote on them. I taped them up around town this morning and even at his workplace. I know it's immature but I need to feel like there's justice. Even if it is just a little.

"I'm leaving." Leo says with a wicked glance at me.

"Um, let me go with you." Levi stutters as he pulls his jacket off the couch.

They walk out of the house and I turn to the big breakfast I cooked. It's more than enough for me and Jared. It was a good distraction. Jared had my brain all fogged up like he always does when he's around. It's been like that since middle school.

When we were like 7, I think, Jared thought I was playing house when i use to cook and clean for the kids. I didn't really understand what I was doing at the time either. He got the younger kids at the table and he even acted like we were mom and dad. He kissed my cheek and told me that dinner was delicious. I don't think I'll ever forget how sweet he's always been.

"Everyone leave?" A voice asks from behind me, scaring me.

"Holy-! Oh my goodness. Don't do that." I say as I hold a hand over my heart.

"Sorry honey. Wow, breakfast looks good." He says with a smile and rubs my shoulder. He walks past me and grabs a plate.

"I can fix that for you." I say softly.

"I know you can. Why don't you go sit down and let me fix your plate for you?" He says with a smile and looks me in the eyes.

"Because I always fix everyone's plate." I say shyly.

"You always have." He says and his eyes twinkle.

I drop my head slowly and tuck my bangs out of my face. It's gonna be a long day. First Leo and now all these old feelings pop up. It's like middle school all over again. Even high school. Jared has always carried a special place in my heart.

"So do you wanna talk about that?" He asks.

"Not really. I'm still hurt about the whole situation but now I can move on and get better." I tell him as I sit in my seat.

"So what exactly did you do?" He asks with a laugh as he brings my plate to me.

"Well, we can watch the news later and you can see for yourself." I say with a small smile.

"You weren't kidding about the news?" He asks with big eyes.

"Actually I wasn't. Remember Paige? She works for the local news and she owed me a favor." I tell him.

"Must've been some favor." He mutters as he sits down across from me.

"Well actually she needed an interesting piece and she figured that my story was pretty good. It was a win win." I smile.

We settle into a silence and the only sound we make is the clinking of our silverware on the plates. It's not awkward like one would think. It's kinda comforting to just know I have someone near me that's not going to hounder me about sex.