Uninvited Guests

February 14, 2015

"Jared, are you ready? They're waiting on us." I say as I slide my white heels on.

"Can you fix this stupid shirt?" He walks into our room. He put his khakis on with a red, plaid flannel. He likes to match when we go out. I can't argue with him though. He's too damn cute.

"What's wrong with it?" I look him over. Nothin looks out of place or wrong.

"I can't roll the sleeves up." He pouts.

"Come here." He walks to me and holds his arm out. He puts his hand on my waist and I start rolling his sleeves up. He places the other hand on my side and drops his head. He kisses me surprisingly and I stop mid-roll and kiss him back.

"You look beautiful." He pulls away from the kiss and it takes me a minute to find my train of thought.

"Thank you. My boyfriend got it for me." I smile. He bought me the red dress I have on. It was the only valentine present he let me have so far.

"He's a lucky man." Jared squeezes my side. I start rolling his sleeves up again and finish them quickly.

"Okay sweetness. All done." I smile and wrap my arms around him.

"Oh I love you." He kisses me softy.

"I love you. We really need to leave now." I pout. I don't wanna share him. I wish I would've turned momma down when she called. She would've been so upset though.

"I know." He walks backwards and I follow. He never lets me go and he ends up picking me up and carrying me.

"I can walk Jared." I laugh. He's always doing things like this. He always surprises me.

Instead of putting me on the ground, he carried me all the way to the car. That wasn't very smart of him since I left all my stuff inside.

"Jared, my stuff is inside. We didn't even lock the door." I point.

"I'm on it." He turns away from me. He doesn't know what to get.

"I need my purse and the food." I sit down in the car and roll my eyes. He's so goofy.

He's been nothing but sweet and adorable since that date. He's took me out plenty since then. Needless to say, they were all perfect. He doesn't take it too far either. He respects my ideals even though they're outdated and a bit far fetched. It's even worse that I can't wait till marriage now. Leo took that away from me. But surprisingly I've come to terms with the whole situation. There's no use being angry.

"I'm never carrying you to the car again. You have more stuff than anyone I know." Jared flops down in the driver's seat, effectively scaring me.

"Goodness." I lay my hand over my heart.

"Steady my love." Jared leans over and kisses my cheek. I turn my head and grab his face. Our lips mash together and my toes curl. I don't think I'll ever be use to this feeling.

"We have to get to your parents baby. Kissing me like that won't get us anywhere." Jared pulls away and starts the car.

"I like kissing you." I pout and buckle my seatbelt.

"Don't pout Alice. We will never get to your parents. Your kisses are addictive. " He winks at me before pulling out of the driveway.

The drive to my parents house seems like minutes. I don't like sharing him. I rest my hand on his knee and we listen to the radio in silence.

The white, pink, and red balloons on the mailbox make me smile. We've always done that. We haven't done the white one before though so it's a pleasant surprise.