Bon Voyage!

"I can't believe we're on our way to Bermuda." I sigh. I'm so excited I can hardly see straight.

"Thank you again, sweetness. If it wasn't for you then we wouldn't have been able to go." Jared smiles at me kindly.

We're sitting in the back of dads truck and trying to be quiet so he can't hear us. It's kinda awkward being all mushy with your father in the same area.

"Thank you dad for taking us." I lean forward and rub his arm.

"You're welcome sweet girl. I'm just glad you're taking a break from all this drama. I'm glad Jared's going with you. There's a lot of people in Bermuda and it's not safe alone." Dad says and I can't help but roll my eyes and settle back beside Jared.

I smile at our tangled fingers. I love Jared's large, rough hands. As crazy as it sounds, it's welcome. I know he's not going to hurt me.

I lay my head on his shoulder and sigh. We're getting away from the drama. The unwelcome drama. My baby sister is having twins and married to Leo.

"Oh, I have your checks with me. We'll have to stop by the bank." Dad says as he turns suddenly. I push against Jared hard.

"Why do you have our checks?" I push myself away from him so I can see dad.

"2 weeks paid vacation sweetheart." He smiles and parks the car.

"It's only for a week though sir." Jared sits forward with me.

"Wrong. I upgraded your cruise. I want you both to have a good time and not worry about anything. It's a vacation. I expect you to enjoy your break." He pulls into the parking spot and hands us our checks.

"Dad this is too much." I gasp at the mass amount of zeros. Well it's not that much but 2,000 is more than I would make in 2 weeks. He had to throw in extra.

"Nope. It's a bonus."

"Jason, 3,000 is more than I'll ever make at once." Jared says shocked.

"Go inside and deposit the checks now." Dad warns.

Jared opens his door quickly and helps me out. I smile when he grabs my hand and we walk inside.

"Have I told you lately that I really do love you?" Jared snakes an arm around my waist and I lay my head against him in bliss.

"You might've mentioned it." I rub his back gently and he kisses my head softly.

"How can I help you?" The clerk asks us with a bright smile.

"We need to make a deposit." Jared says as I move away from him to let him go first.

"Joint account?" She asks.

"Um, no. Separate." Jared rubs his neck. It makes me nervous to have a joint account. Not because I don't trust Jared, it's just I've always worked for my money and no ones had to help me until recently.

"Same for you ma'am?" She asks me and I nod before coming to the desk and giving her my information and the check.

"Okay. So the money should be there within 24 hours." She smiles and hands me my receipt.

"Thank you." I smile back. Jared grabs my hand and pulls me to him.

"Your dad shouldn't have gave us so much money." Jared looks down at me and I can tell that it's bothering him.

"I feel the same way, but you saw what happened when we tried to argue. My father is very stubborn." I pull away from him slowly and squeeze his hand gently before walking towards the door. He never lets my hand go and soon is by my side again.

Jared opens the door for me and we slide into the back of the truck. Dad smiles at us and starts the truck

"We'll be at the docks in an hour." He says as he drives towards our destination.

"Thank you so much dad." I lean forward and rub his shoulder softly.

"Don't thank me sweetheart. You deserve it." His hand rests on mine before he pulls it away and I sit back beside Jared. His arm holds me close and I rest my head on his chest. My hand lies on his stomach. I'm comfortable. This is the life that I want. This is the man of my dreams.

I listen to dad and Jared talk and my eyes close. I'm not sleeping but if the trip was any longer I would. I'm daydreaming of my life with Jared.

A life full of long walks and romantic dinners. Where we finally move into a house and out of the apartment. When he proposes, if he does. The small, intimate wedding. Maybe a few kids one day.

"Okay kids, we're here." Dad says and my eyes open automatically and I sit up straighter. The cruise ship is huge. I've never been on a boat before. This is so exciting. We all exit the vehicle and stand in a somewhat circle.

"Okay Jared. Keep my baby safe and sound. Not a scratch is to be found when I pick you both up in 2 weeks." Dad looks at Jared seriously but I can see the glimmer in his eyes.

"Understood sir. I'd protect her with my life." He nods his head at my father and I know that Jared isn't kidding. Dad knows it too. I can tell when he looks at me and smiles like he knows everything.

"I love you sissy. Turn your phones off for a while and really relax. Be happy and when you get home we'll have everything settled." I hug dad tightly. I'll always be a daddy's girl. This will never change for me.

"Thank you dad. I love you." I smile as I pull away.

"You ready?" Jared asks and I see he has our bags.

"Let me carry some." I grab at a bag.

"Oh no. I made a promise that you would relax this vacation and I'm not breaking a promise." He smiles and I know I won't win.

"That's my boy." Dad winks at me.

"Bye dad." I grab his hand and let it go as I move further away from him. I follow Jared to the ship.