He's Back and... What?

December 20, 2014 10PM

I roll over and answer my phone that's blaring. Too much for going to bed early.

"Hello?" I say sleepily.

"Have you checked your mail?" Leo asks.

"No I forgot." I say.

"Well go check it!" He says and hangs up.

I slip my jacket and some shoes on before walking to the door with my keys.

"Dang him. Waking me up. Ugh." I groan to myself as I open the door a little. It's freaking cold.

"Surprise baby." I hear him say. I turn around and see Leo standing with a bouquet roses.

"Oh Leo." I say with a smile.

"Sit down." He tells me softy.

I sit on the stool and watch him walk to in front of me.

"The first rose is for helping me through everything. For being my best friend when I didn't deserve it. The second rose is for being you and never changing. You've always been the girl I first met. You're true. The third is for standing up for what you believe in. No matter what you have to do. The fourth is for staying true to your family. You're close to them and I'm sorry for being an ass. The fifth is for loving me these past 5 years. The sixth is for meeting me half way when we don't agree on something important. The seventh is loving me past my faults. The eighth is for everything you do for me. I know I don't say it enough but thank you. The ninth is for forgiving me for everything I do wrong. The tenth is for the day in October that you make me the happiest man alive. The eleventh is for saying yes to me." He gives me a rose at a time, after he tells me what they each mean.

"Thank you Leo. You didn't have to do this." I say with a smile.

"The twelfth and final rose is special. No it didn't cost a bunch. It didn't come from some far away country. It's special because I'm using this rose to apologize for every thing I've ever done wrong. I'm using this rose as a symbol of a new start for us. I know you have a ring already but it doesn't mean much to me. So I went and found the ring that would mean something to me." He pauses and holds the rose out for me.

I reach to grab it but he doesn't let go. He moves his hand and I grab what fell. He gets on one knee and grabs my hand.

"Please marry me Alice Elizabeth Martin. Marry me forever and be mine until this rose dies." He says softly.

The tears flow freely from my eyes.

"I was gonna marry you anyways you silly goose." I say and nod.

He slides my old ring off and slides the new one on. I hold it up to look at it.

"Leo this must've cost a fortune. You shouldn't have really." I say as I grab his face softly.

"It was my grandmother's wedding ring. She gave it to me after Pop died." He says and kisses my hand.

"I love you Leonard William Smith." I whisper softly.

"I love you too. Now go on to bed. I'll pick you up tomorrow for dinner from Fried Apples." He says sweetly.

"Leo, maybe you could come in for a minute." I say shyly. I don't wanna have sex but I want him to hold like he use to.

"No I need to go home. I'm trying to change. I'm willing to wait for as long as you need me too." He says with a smile.

"I truly love you. I really do." I say as I open my door to go inside.

"I love you too baby." He says and walks down the stairs.

I find a vase for my flowers and place them in some water. I love sweet Leo. I don't know what happened where ever he went but it did him some good.