It all started with The Walking Dead.

January 21, 2015

"I'm fine dad." I say with a small smile.

"And the power is back on?" He asks concerned.

"Yeah. I woke up and it was back on."

"You've got enough blankets and heat?"

"Yes daddy."

"Well okay. If you need me, don't be afraid to call. We'll get back to work once the roads are safe to drive on." Dad says.

"Okay. I love you." I say softly.

"I love you too sissy." He says and I hear the phone disconnect.

Jared's on the couch watching tv. We woke up this morning on the couch cuddled around each other and frankly burning up. The power came back on sometime last night and we didn't know.

I've been thinking about what Jared said. A part of me wants to be with him but a piece of me is confused and hurt. I've been mistreated by Leo for so long that I don't know how to be okay. It's strange having someone who cares.

But Leo's mom is right. I have to forgive both him and my sister before I can move on. I don't know how long it'll take before I can forgive them though. Leo should be easier since he's not here and his mother said he wasn't well. Sharon is a different story.

I grab my notebook that's in my bedside table and open it to a blank page. I stare at the blank piece of paper and wonder where do I start? I date the paper and write 'Dear Leo,'.

The words finally come to me and before I know it I've written a whole page. I've apologized for whatever I did and after wiping a few tears away, I told him that I forgive him for hurting me. I forgive him for cheating on me with my sister. I also told him that I wanted nothing to do with him after this letter. It's a clean break.

"You okay?" Jared asks me from my door. I turn to him and smile before nodding.

"If you need me, I'll be in my room playing The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct." He says and starts to turn away.

"You have that game?" I ask with wide eyes. I've wanted that game since it came out. Unfortunately, I don't have an Xbox or play station or anything really. I would have to buy everything.

"Yeah I got it for Christmas like forever ago." He says with a raised eyebrow.

"Could I play?" I ask with a smile. I have to send this letter first though.

"Of course. I'll go get it set up." He says with a bright smile. I watch him walk away before sliding the letter in the envelope and addressing it with Leo's address that his mom gave me.

"I'm running out to the mailbox. I'll be back in a minute." I say to Jared as I slide my shoes on.

"Okay. Hurry." He says as I hurry down the hall.

Thankfully the mailbox isn't too far. I had on a jacket and sweats. Not exactly snow weather. I grab the mail that's inside and place the letter in their place. As I walk back to the apartment, I glance at the mail and roll my eyes at the junk mail. I lay it on the table as I walk in and slide my shoes off.

"Jared, prepare to be beaten at your own game." I say loudly as I walk down the hall. I'm good at zombie games. I take pride in that. I've always been able to sneak around and take them out. The only games I've played are kingdom hearts and whatever game my dad use to have.

I walk in Jared's room and stop. Jared's not in here. He's not on the bed and the games not even started. The TV is not even on.

"Jared?" I ask and turn so I can see if the bathroom light is on. It's not and as I turn around something grabs me and covers my mouth as I scream.