Welcome to Hell.

Leo's POV: January 24, 2015

"Smith! You got mail." The man says as he throws the mail at me.

I grab it with an eye roll. My mother couldn't have chose a better place. This is a military boot camp. Ive already lost count of the days I've been here. It's awful.

I rip open the letter and begin to read.

Dear Leo,

After this letter, we will have no contact with one another as far as I'm concerned. I hope you understand my reasons why because I don't believe I should have to explain them. If you were unhappy, you should've left. You should've spared my feelings and left me. But continuing to be angry won't help anything. I have to move on because that's what's good for me now. I'm sure you have no issue moving on. So I guess this is me saying I'm sorry. I'm sorry for whatever I did that made you hurt me like you did. I'm sorry I wasn't good enough and I'm sorry I didn't realize that sooner. I wasn't enough for you. You wanted more than I was willing to give at the moment. But now it's time to forgive Leo. I'm setting you free from me forever. You don't owe me anything and I don't want anything from you. I forgive you for everything you've done to me. Being angry is hard work and I'm done stressing myself out. I'm done. I'm exhausted. But I'm here still. Tomorrow I will beat on against the current and I'll start getting stronger. Today I surrender. I hope all is well but I don't want to know. Don't write back please. Keep your dignity and my pride. I did love you at one point in time. Maybe I still love you somewhere deep inside but I'm not in love with you. Goodbye Leo.

Alice

I lay the letter on the bed and grit my teeth. I'm not suppose to feel something. I'm suppose to not care. Because she doesn't matter to me. She's nothing but a nun ass bitch.

I crumple the letter up and throw it all across the room where it lands on some guys bed.

"Report to the cafeteria all newbies." The announcer says over the intercom. This place isn't even fucking professional.

I drag myself to the cafeteria where everyone else is seated. A man stands in the middle and I roll my eyes.

"You've all been here a week. So now we have 17 more to go. We should all get accommodated so I know how to sort you and who needs to be number one on my hate list." The man says and he looks us all over.

"Starting with you." He says an points at me.

"Why me?" I challenge.

"Boy I wouldn't test me. I can make these next weeks hell for you and it won't hurt me one bit." He says in my face.

"Fine." I spit.

"Why are you here?" He asks.

"My mother sent me here."

"Why?"

"I cheated on my fiancé." I say with a smirk.

"And?" He asks bored.

"Humiliated her on public television."

"And?"

"I slept with her sister just for the kicks. Damn, I even stuck it in the nun when I wasn't suppose to. I took her sweet precious virginity and watched her cry as I came on her." I say and laugh. "I stole from my mom and fucked everything that walked." I say proud.

"Well boys. Say hello to number 1 on my hate list. Let me just clarify to everyone that if you become friends with him then you sign your name on my list. What's your name son?" He man asks me.

"Leo. Leo Smith." I say with a high chin.

"Welcome to hell Smitty." He says with a crooked grin.

I roll my eyes and listen to everyone else tell the man why they're here. Some have a gambling issue, some are addicts, others are drunkards. I'm the only true badass in the room.

"Smitty, stay after. Everyone else is dismissed. I'll see you all bright and early." The man says.

"Whatcha want with me?" I ask when everyone leaves the cafeteria.

"To make it clear that you will be in hell. I will make every waking second of your life hell. Then once graduation comes, I'll make sure your on the first bus to the next camp like this. You know what I think of your attitude Smitty?" The man says as he sits across from me.

"What?" I ask bored.

"I had a daughter. She was with a guy that reminds me of you. You know what happened to her? The guy raped and killed her. So all my pent up anger is going to be directed towards you. I'd advise you to keep low and follow every single order to a tee." He says and stands up.

"What's your name old man?" I ask. I don't give two flying fucks about his sob story.

"Let's not get on a first name basis Smitty. Call me Hook." He says and continues walking away from me.

"What is this? Peter Pan?" I ask. This is fucking ridiculous.

"You only wish this was some Disney shit with a happy ending. Get out of here." Hook says and slams the door shut.