CHAPTER 1•06

Small Talk

Dawn was looking out at the ocean, Varrick on her left as he was steering the ship and Zhu Li somewhere behind them, making tea or biscuits, whatever Varrick wanted and Dawn could see Bolin and Mako talking and Mako sometimes slapping Bolin at the side of the head. She smiled slowly, her eyes staying on the two of them while Varrick turned his head to look at Dawn. He raised an eyebrow, placing his fingers to her line of vision and pointed it over to show him that she was staring at the two boys. He smirked and started whistling slowly.

"So..." he started, and Dawn turned to face him with raised eyebrows. "Which one?" He asked and the girl scoffed with a smile.

"Which one for what?" She asked and Varrick laughed.

"For love of course! Don't think I haven't missed all your flirting and love lives. Bolin may have screwed up, but from what I remember is that you two actually care about each other. And don't forget Korra in the mix." He said while Dawn gagged on air and looked at him with wide eyes.

"Korra? No, no, she's just- -"

"If you finish that sentence, Zhu Li won't bring you kale cookies." Varrick said while Dawn gasped at his accusation.

She laughed and that's when Korra walked to Mako and hugged him dearly as Bolin faked gagged.

"Well, Korra and Mako are together, so nothing can happen." She said and Varrick rolled his eyes.

"I don't know about you, but I see the way Mako stares at you while he is with Korra. Korra may argue with you sometimes, but that doesn't stop her from protecting you, and Bolin is as dumb as a rock, but he still loves you." He said and Dawn kept her eyes on the group.

"How would you know any of this?" She asked and Varrick winks.

"I pay attention." He stated while the girl sighed and her eyes caught on one person while she grinned with a shake of her head.

"It's none of them." She said and Varrick stood up suddenly.

"Asami!" He yelled and Dawn laughed.

"No! I'm done with other people right now." She breathed out and Varrick sighed.

"Kid, you're killing me!" He yelled and patted her back, moving her around as she just shook her head at him.

"My love life should not be interfered with a crazed millionaire." She told him, walking out of the captain deck as he laughed.

"Sure, Dawn. If you ever need anything, just call." He told her as she nods her head, walking over towards her group of friends and she listened to their conversation.

"No! I have to talk to President Riako." Korra told Mako while Dawn groaned and placed her arms over Mako's and Korra's shoulders.

"How about we don't talk about Avatar and Protector stuff until we get to Republic City." She told them and Bolin nods his head in agreement.

"I agree with Dawn. How about we talk about how to protect me from Eska?" He suggested as Asami laughed.

"You deserve every bit of karma, Bolin." Asami told him while Mako nods his head in agreement.

<><><>

Dawn was swaying with the ship, the group being just a few more hours before reaching the harbor of Republic City and the girl closed her eyes slightly, and she saw a silhouette in the corner of her eye. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Korra, I'm not going to talk about the civil war anymore. I just want some rest." She muttered, turning her head and saw it wasn't Korra.

Her eyes widened as she got up quickly in a defensive stance and flames engulfed her fists.

"Who are you?!" She yelled, seeing a young girl with braided hair long to her hips, beautiful pale skin with a few beauty marks around her face, and one brown eye with the other being a gold that resembled Dawn's eyes.

"Dawn, it's time." The girl said, and before Dawn could understand who this girl was, the door to her room opened with everyone busting in and prepared to help Dawn.

"You okay?" Asami asked, heading to the girl while she turned to Asami and frowned.

"No! There is a girl here and- -"

"What girl?" Bolin asked, and Dawn rolled her eyes at him.

"Her!" She yelled, turning around to the spot she was in only to see nothing. Dawn frowned, shaking her head and rubbing her eyes. "B-but..." she mumbled.

Korra went to her friend and gave her a side hug. "Dawn, there's no one there." She told her while Dawn snapped out of her shock and cleared her throat.

"Right, yeah. Must be stress." She breathed out, Mako giving her a worried look. He was about to walk over to her until Bolin whistled.

"I think it's more than stress. Maybe it has to do with Protector stuff! Did your grandmother ever go through anything like that?" Bolin asked while Dawn shrugged her shoulders.

"I-I don't know. She never told me about stuff like that." She told Bolin, and Korra smiled slightly.

"Well, how about we go to Varrick. He has lunch for us and then after we should be in Republic City." She told her, Dawn following them as she kept her eyes on the spot the teenage girl was in.

"Okay." She whispered, walking with the girl as the girl was imprinted in her mind and she wondered what she meant by, 'it's time'.

<>•<>•<>•

So what do you guys think so far! What should I add or what would make it more interesting for you guys, because I like to get your input. Thanks so much for all the love and support!

| Edited |