CHAPTER 0•10

When Extremes Meet

"You're finally here!" Jenora stated while waving over to Bolin, Mako, and Asami. Dawn grinned madly when she saw Bolin and rushed towards him with a hug. He chuckled and the girl looked around and grabbed his bag. "Only one bag?" She asked and he shrugged his shoulders.

"I pack lightly, unlike Asami here." He teased while the girl smack his arm.

"Welcome to Air Temple Island! Your new home." Ikki said.

"Yes, welcome to my domain." Meelo stated while he pointed to himself.

"Well aren't you sweet, little Monk child." Bolin teased and Pabu ran off Bolin's shoulders to Dawn's.

"What's that fuzzy creature?" Meelo asked.

"That is a Fire Ferret. An arboreal mammal common to the bamboo forests of the central Earth Kingdom." Jenora gave out the fact while Ikki gasped and jumped up with her bending to try and grab Pabu.

"He's cute!" She screamed and Pabu screeched while trying to run away.

"Yip-yip. Fly sky bison! Fly!" Meelo yelled while pulling on Naga's ears.

"Thanks for sending the Air Acolytes to help us with the move." Mako said to Dawn and Korra.

"Yes, they've been amazing. Such tireless workers." Asami waved while the acolytes were carrying over ten heavy bags filled with Amsai's things.

"Oh, I thought we were only bringing a few things." Korra said while Dawn chuckled.

"That's Asami for you." She told Korra.

"Trust me. It could have been worse." Mako said, agreeing with Dawn.

"No problem. Everyone here wants you guys to feel welcome." Korra said while everyone started to walk towards the temple.

"You're pretty. Can I have some of your hair?" Meelo said to Asami while Dawn chuckled.

"Looks like I have some competition." Mako teased.

"And now for the grand tour. The flying bisons sleep in those caves down there. And that's the temple Grandpa Aang built. And that's the greenhouse where we grow the vegetables we eat." Ikki said with a large smile.

"I have a couple of questions. Is this an all-vegetarian island? Is that where you train Air Bending? Do we have to wear Air Acolyte clothes? Do we each get our own sky-bison? And final question: how many trees are on this island?" He asked while Dawn raised an eyebrow at him.

"You really had to ask the last one?" She asked.

"Yes, yes, no, no. Ten thousand and five hundred and fifty two." She answered while Dawn sighed.

"So where are we gonna be staying?" Mako asked her.

"You're a boy. Boys have to stay on the boy's side." Meelo said as Jenora took Dawn's hand.

"I'd be happy to show you to the men's dormitory." Jenora said while Dawn chuckled.

"I'm a boy." Bolin added as he followed his girlfriend and the little girl.