CHAPTER 3•06

Reunion

Dawn glared at Korra the entire ride back to Air Temple Island, her face red and her eyes slit from her anger devouring her since she still didn't have her ability to bend. She knew Korra did it, she was the bright light, she saw her stare at her, she watched as her powers drained.

"Naga!" Korra cheered, waving over her friend as the polar dog got up to greet her. Korra hugged on her while Naga licked her face happily. "I missed you so much, girl."

"Mom! Dad! We're back! And we got Korra!" Meelo yelled excitedly as him and Ikki got off Pepper to greet their parents.

"Well, aren't you a sight for sore eyes. Bum-Ju and I sure missed you." Bumi said while lifting Korra up and the spirit landed over Dawn's head who waved him away from annoyance.

"Be careful, Bumi. Don't want her taking your newly found bending away." She growled as she walked away and Korra rolled her eyes.

"It's so great to see you again, Bumi. And you too, Bum-Ju. And I've told you for the last time, Dawn, I didn't take your bending away." She stated, the girl turning around angrily.

"You did, Korra! You saw me about to take out Kuvira and you're eyes lit up and you stuck her hand out!" She screamed, turning back around and walking past Tenzin with a stomp.

"Well done, kids. I'm proud of you all for finding Korra." Tenzin said as he went over to Dawn quickly.

"Proud enough to get me my tats?" Meelo asked while pointing to himself and raising his eyebrows.

"No." Tenzin said easily and walked away as Pema laughed.

Tenzin went over to Dawn who was cradling her face in sadness. "What happened?" He asked while Dawn frowned at him.

"My bending is gone, and I swear I saw Korra take them." She said as a tear left her eye.

"How do you know she did it, Dawn?" He asked her softly while comforting her.

"She glowed like the last time she did it. With Zaheer." She finished and Korra rubbed her arm from the awful memory.

"We'll figure it out, I promise." He said and hugged her as he went over to Korra next. "Welcome home." Tenzin greeted and hugged Korra.

"I missed you, Tenzin." Korra smiled up at him.

"Now, I hate to get right down to business, but I want to hear what happened in Zaofu." Tenzin said while Korra frowned.

"Why to ruin the moment." Bumi muttered.

"Kuvira's whole army was there. She captured mom, dad, and my brothers." Opal stated sadly.

"I thought I was strong enough to stop her. I feel like such a failure and Dawn was about to do it in her Protector State, but..." she paused while frowning.

"No one expected you to handle Kuvira on your own. It's up to all of us to find a way to deal with her. We're just glad to have you back." Tenzin smiled at her.

"Where's Bolin? He's still not on Kuvira's side is he?" Bumi asked and Dawn rubbed the back of her head.

"Besides my bending being taken, Bolin was caught by Kuvira and is now officially on her side from what we've heard." Dawn informed Bumi as he hugged her.