CHAPTER 0•05

The Voice in the Night

As the days grew longer for Dawn and Korra, the girls found themselves experiencing exactly what Amon wanted, fear. It was eating both the Benders as if they were wood and the equalists were termites, eating away at their pride one by one. Dawn was trying to move past it, ignoring everything that was happening while she focused on Mako, Bolin, and Korra's sponsor for the tournament and she was talking with Asami at her house. The two girls have chatted all day about their experiences and Mr. Sato welcomed the girl with open arms, like always. "So, you are wanting me to support the Fire Ferrets?" Mr. Sato asked, and the girl nods her head excitedly.

"Yes, you would love Mako and Bolin. They have been struggling with some money problems and I know that Sato Industry is opening up a new model. It's perfect timing if you think about it." She said with a dazzling, award winning smile as Asami looked to her father.

"Dad, I think what Dawn came up with would help." She added, and Mr. Sato smiled at the two girls.

"Alright, well I'll let you know by the end of the week, Dawn. But first I would love to meet the team." He said and Dawn grinned.

"Of course, Mr. Sato. I will make sure they are on their best behaviors." She said and he laughed, walking away while Asami smirked.

"You actually have no idea how they will react, do you?" She asked and Dawn broke down and frowned.

"No, it's just, I've been super stressed out with Avatar and Protector stuff recently." She muttered and Asami frowned as she looked over her friend.

She had dark circles under her eyes and she grabbed her hand, trying to make Dawn smile. "Hey, you can talk to me. I know we haven't seen each other in ten years, but I'm still your friend." She teased, and Dawn chuckled slightly.

"I know and I'm very thankful for that. I'm just hoping that your father will say yes and everything will go smoothly." She breathed out and Dawn thought for a moment. "What's the time, anyway?" She asked and Asami looked at the clock.

"Um, quarter past three." She answered and Dawn gasped, dropping her glass of water.

"Shoot! I forgot to pick up, Mako! He's going to be pissed!" She yelled, grabbing her things and Asami calmed her down.

"Woah, wait there hot shot. How about you take one of our bikes to get there quicker?" She asked and Dawn thought for a moment.

"You know, last time I crashed into a fire hydrant." She said and Asami laughed.

"We were seven. You've gotten better, I'm sure. And I am giving you a makeover." She teased and Dawn sighed.

"What?! Why?"

"Because you'll be seeing a cute guy, I'm guessing?" She teased again while Dawn rolled her eyes.

"Thank you, I guess. And I'll bring it back tonight." She said and Asami smiled.

"Perfect, now go and get your friend." She said and let Dawn rush out as she laughed at her hectic friend.

<><><>

As Dawn was rushing towards the electrical factory, she wasn't paying much attention to the road as thoughts were racing her mind, and just as she got towards the front, she ran straight into a person and she gasped and hit the brakes as fast as she could.