CHAPTER 2•05

The Metal Clan

Dawn was inside the airship, practicing her earthbending with three rocks as she kept making them grow into one, then remove back to three as she tried to make it as quickly as she could. The radio started to buzz as Asami grabbed it and she got excited about the call. Dawn grinned as she knew that look. "Another Air Bender?" She asked and Asami nods her head.

"Come on! We should tell Korra." She stated and she grabbed Dawn's hands and dragged her outside along with Mako following them. "We just got another call about an Air Bender." Asami told Korra.

"Finally. Where are they?" Korra asked while Mako smiled.

"A city called Zaofu, the home of the metal clan." Mako said as Dawn eyes widened and she looked to Beifong as the two were tense.

"You know the place?" Korra asked the Chief of Police.

"Uh, never been, but I don't want you going there. I'd rest a lot easier if you were back safe in Republic City." Chief Beifong told the teenager.

"Sorry, but if there's an Air Bender in Zaofu, then that's where we're going next." Korra said and the girl watched as Beifong frowned and Naga was panting from her game of catch.

"Do you think- -"

"Don't say anything." Chief Beifong told her as she jumped when Beifong popped Naga's ball. She laid down and whimpered at it as Dawn frowned and patted Naga's head.

"It's okay, Naga. Maybe Opal has forgiven me?" She asked and Naga smiled as she kicked her cheek. "Come on." She said as the two went on the airship.

They flew towards the city of metal and Dawn let her memories soar as her golden eyes gleamed from the sunlight's reflection. "Wow, wow, wow! An entire city made of metal, whoo! You should be right at home, Beifong." Bolin cheered as Dawn chuckled at the irony.

"Hmm." Beifong muttered as Pabu chattered at Bolin's excitement.

As they landed, Bolin was the first one out and Dawn was next with Mako by her side. "You okay? You seem kinda out of it." Mako stated as the girl nods her head.

"I'm fine, I just used to come here as a kid, so this place has some memories for me." She said and she bit her lip. "And there are people I'm hoping we don't run into." She whispered as Mako raised an eyebrow.

"Why would that be?" He asked as she waved it off.

"Avatar Korra, it is an honor to meet you. My name is Aiwei." The man stated while he gave the group a bow.

"Thanks for having us." Korra bowed back in respect.

"Is this everyone?" Aiwei asked the girl.

"Yep, just us. So can I meet the new Air Bender?" Korra asked the man.

"Of course. Right this way." He showed them as they moved down from the elevator and Dawn looked at the man.

"I don't remember you." She said and the man chuckled.

"But I remember you, Dawn. It's good to see you again, I've heard many stories from Suyin and Wei." Aiwei said as Dawn's eyes sparkled when he mentioned the boy.