CHAPTER 2•02

Rebirth

Dawn was dressed in her full Fire Nation getup as she was ready to join Korra and the others on their trip around the Earth Kingdom to try and look for Air Benders. Her ruby red crop top was skin tight and littered with gems as she wore dark black yoga pants and a long, flowy skirt over it that was embedded with gold trimming. Her hair was braided in two long French braid with Fire lilies holding them as she was struggling to get Mako up and ready to go with them.

"Let go, Mako! Before I toss your Fire Bender butt over my shoulder and drag you myself. We don't have all morning." She said as she was looking over the map he had made to help Korra and herself find the cities with Air Benders.

She looked up when the door opened and raised an eyebrow as he was drying his hair with a towel. "No, I'm not going. You can take the map to Korra and I have to stay here. Republic City needs at least one good officer." He told her as she rolled her eyes and got up off his desk.

"Mako, you and I both know that Team Avatar needs you." She stated and helped dried his hair by bending air to fluff it up. "There, now let's go!" She stated and pulled him out of the station and towards the exit as he raised an eyebrow.

"How are you going to get there?" He asked while Dawn grabbed her glider.

"With this." She teased and Mako's eyes widened.

"Oh, no. Last time you did a flip and dropped me!" He yelled at her.

"But it was fun. And I did it on purpose." She drawled out as she tapped it to allow the clear fabric to show.

"No, you didn't." Mako said as he crossed his arms and Dawn rolled her eyes and placed the map in her bag.

"You going to pout about it or will you just hop on so we can get to Air Temple Island." She suggested and Mako sighed and the two went off.

They easily made it to the island to see a large air ship from Future Industries and Dawn rushed to Korra and hugged her from behind. "I'm here and I brought emo teenager." She said and Bolin gasped while hugging his brother.

"Mako, I'm so glad you're here." Korra stated while Dawn went over to Asami.

"I hate you." She told her while Asami gasped.

"Why me?" She asked her and Dawn raised an eyebrow.

"I know you and Korra's plan to set me up with Mako. I've seen it for the past couple of days and I'm watching you." She said while placing to fingers from her eye line to Asami's.

She watched as Mako was leaving and she looked to Bolin. "Can you please talk some sense into your brother?" She asked nicely and Bolin sighed.

"I'll try." He muttered and rushed over to him.

As Dawn was entering the airship, she saw Bolin with Mako behind him and she smirked and stepped towards the Fire Bender. "And I thought you weren't going to show up." She teased as Mako wrapped an arm around her shoulder and messed up her hair.

"Shut up." He muttered and she pushed him off her as she laughed. They all waved goodbye to Kya, Pema, and the kids and Dawn looked over the map.