CHAPTER 1•14

Darkness Falls

Dawn could see Vaatu had escaped from the tree of time, her eyes narrowed at the dark spirit as she looked to Korra. "Raava, nothing could stop this moment. Harmonic Convergence is upon us again." Vaatu stated while Korra stepped up.

"I'm not going to let you fuse with Unalaq. You're going right back in that prison." Korra said as Vaatu swung backward as Unalaq raised his arms, the two coming close while Korra blasted the spirit and Dawn rushed towards her.

"Korra, on your right!" She yelled and the girls worked together to keep Unalaq and Vaatu separated. Dawn grabbed Unalaq in a tornado of wind and flung him over in the spirit portal to Bolin and Mako as she then faced Vaatu.

"The Protector is here. I thought you would be too scared to die." Vaatu threatened as Dawn glared at him.

"I'm not going to." She breathed out.

"Don't let Unalaq back into the spirit world." Korra said.

"We're on it!" Bolin promised.

<><><>

Korra and Dawn fought Vaatu to the best of their ability. Korra stomping her foot on the ground, bending a large chunk of earth and kicked it into Vaatu's face and shuffling towards the other side and bended the river's water to whip against the spirit.

Vaatu was dodging all their attempts as Dawn allowed a vortex to help her fly off the ground and she shot streams of fire at the spirit while dodging his attempts of trying to attack her.

Korra and her both took a large stance as they raised the fists and shot at Vaatu, making him break slightly, only for him to hit them both and make Dawn and Korra land in each other and groan in pain.

He then placed vines against their bodies as Dawn struggled against his grasp. "No!" Korra yelled as Dawn was lifted up first.

She gasped, the vines wrapping around her neck as she struggled to breathe. "This is your end, Lost One." He chuckled and Korra took a deep breath and blew out a large wave of flames and attacked Vaatu and broke free from his vines as the vines disintegrated around Dawn.

She coughed and got up slowly. She watched as Korra created the prison for Vaatu. A circle of air, with rings of fire, earth, and water. All four elements to tame him.

"I'm locking you away for another ten thousand years, Vaatu!" Korra and Raava stated while she began to move him towards the tree of time.

Just as she placed him inside and got started to lock him in, Dawn was frozen in place with her mouth shut as she tried to warn Korra, but Unalaq came back and hit her from behind.

Dawn frowned as she saw Vaatu free himself and she melted the ice and attacked Unalaq, only for Vaatu to sweep in and knock her away.

She groaned and tried to get up, Vaatu slammed her into the ground again, Dawn screaming in pain as she heard a crunch in her chest. "Dawn!" Someone yelled and she coughed in pain.

"No more second chances, Raava. You're freebee is about to be gone." Vaatu stated as he flew over to Unalaq.

Korra made one last attempt to stop them, but Unalaq blocked it as Vaatu flew up and then dove straight into Unalaq's body.

Dawn watched as they fused together and she groaned. "Fuck." She breathed out, feeling Korra help her up.

"We are now one. Now a new era for spirits and humans will begin, and I will lead them all as the new Avatar." Unalaq said and Dawn frowned at him.

"Well, I'm the old Avatar and my era's not over yet." Korra stated and they had their battle, Dawn looked to Eska and Desna and smirked.

"You two, I can face." She teased and they started fighting. Water and Fire, two verses one as Dawn strategically cartwheeled around the two and soon enough, she had Eska on her left and Desna on her right.

"You just going to keep dodging us?" Desna asked, out of breath as Dawn smirked.

"Maybe." She teased and looked to Eska. "And guess what, I'm going to kiss your ex fiancé." She teased and leaned in closer to Bolin as Eska screamed and a large wave of wave almost cut Dawn's neck, but she flipped out of the way and instead it hit Desna.

That's when Dawn used her air bending and knocked Eska into a rock as she groaned and fell. Dawn sighed and looked at the two.

"Let's go you two." She breathed out while melting them and they started running off.

"Where you really going to kiss me?" Bolin asked and Dawn scoffed.

"Is that what you're really thinking about right now?" She questioned angrily.

"Yes." He whispered and they went back through the portal.

Once they got through, they saw the epic battle of Korra and Unalaq and it looked as if Korra was winning.

Dawn gasped and ran further to her. "We have to help!" She yelled and as they got closer, the ground under them shook and Unalaq opened his mouth for Vaatu's tentacles to break through. 

Dawn furrowed her eyebrows and before she could do anything, Vaatu held onto Korra's face and Dawn stopped as she could breathe.

Tears littered her eyes as her heart ached and felt as if it was being squeezed by a fist. "Dawn?!" Mako yelled.

She watched as Raava was pulled from Korra's body and Unalaq held her into a prison. Dawn gasped, feeling someone hold her as her eyes lit up dimly and flickered as a small light left her mouth.

"Dawn..." Mako breathed out and the light went towards Raava and replaced itself back inside her.

'You must sever your connection to Raava.' She heard as Unalaq then started attacking Raava, hit after hit Dawn could feel everything like it was a stab into her throat.

She could feel each generation of Avatar's leave and with one last final stroke, Raava broke and faded into light.

Dawn looked to Mako one last time and with that, she stopped breathing.

"Now..." Unalaq started as he had grown into a large monster. "Ten thousand years of darkness begins!" He stated while Mako cried into Dawn's neck.

"Dawn?! Dawn!" He yelled, trying to wake her up.

<>•<>•<>•

| Edited |